Help choosing a car for power hungry friend...

Well the guy with the crazy Thema might've pushed the poor old thing too far so he's looking into something with that kind of power as standard. Anybody got any suggestions other than those below?

Budget is probably topping out at =A38k

Mitsubishi galant vr4 (also known as mitsubishi legnum)

Nissan stagea (skyline estate) I think they're very expensive and rare though so maybe out of budget.

Subaru legacy twin turbo

BMW E36 M3 Evo

Lexus Soarer

Jaguar XJR 4.0 supercharged :)

I think Audi did a 2.7 twin turbo A6 Quattro in the mid/late 1990s as well, that would be pure stealth. =20 VW Passat W8? Now about =A37000, that is pure depreciation!

Reply to
fishman

Budget is probably topping out at £8k

Mitsubishi galant vr4 (also known as mitsubishi legnum)

Nissan stagea (skyline estate) I think they're very expensive and rare though so maybe out of budget.

Subaru legacy twin turbo

BMW E36 M3 Evo

Lexus Soarer

Jaguar XJR 4.0 supercharged :)

I think Audi did a 2.7 twin turbo A6 Quattro in the mid/late 1990s as well, that would be pure stealth.

VW Passat W8? Now about £7000, that is pure depreciation!

Scooby? Evo? I see a theme of quite big stuff?

Reply to
DanTXD

ISTR reading about lots of reliability issues with them - look on peachorlemon.co.uk and the owners' reviews on parkers and I think you'll see what I mean.

Indeed. If he fancies going one step up in the barge stakes - are W12 Phaetons down to that sort of money yet? Probably not.....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

How about something AMG/Alpina? Must be able to find something older but cared for.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

fishman waffled thus:

Nissan Stagea AUTECH: want want want

Reply to
Abo

Budget is probably topping out at £8k

Mitsubishi galant vr4 (also known as mitsubishi legnum)

Nissan stagea (skyline estate) I think they're very expensive and rare though so maybe out of budget.

Subaru legacy twin turbo

BMW E36 M3 Evo

Lexus Soarer

Jaguar XJR 4.0 supercharged :)

I think Audi did a 2.7 twin turbo A6 Quattro in the mid/late 1990s as well, that would be pure stealth.

VW Passat W8? Now about £7000, that is pure depreciation!

You could get a reasonable E34 M5 for that money. Certainly an older Audi A8

4.2L.

JB

Reply to
JB

Toyota Supra R32 Nissan Skyline GTR

Reply to
Homer

Budget is probably topping out at £8k

Mitsubishi galant vr4 (also known as mitsubishi legnum)

Nissan stagea (skyline estate) I think they're very expensive and rare though so maybe out of budget.

Subaru legacy twin turbo

BMW E36 M3 Evo

Lexus Soarer

Jaguar XJR 4.0 supercharged :)

I think Audi did a 2.7 twin turbo A6 Quattro in the mid/late 1990s as well, that would be pure stealth.

VW Passat W8? Now about £7000, that is pure depreciation!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ R32 GTR????

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yeah, large, barge and stealth but with a lot of power, like the Thema really - he's looking for a Q-car. Evo, WRX and Skylines a bit too obvious. That said, the M3 is quite obvious as well. I like the E34 M5 suggestion as it fits the Q-car bill better than the M3.

Reply to
fishman

Legacy GT but then again I'm biased ;)

280bhp as standard, 150mph+ 0-60 in under 6 and it's an estate oh and they really do handle :D

check out

Tim Anderson

There's no shortage of LS400s around.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Agreed, that's a proper Q car. Just make sure you get a manual - I had an auto last year and that took it's gearbox out to lunch. The resulting credit card bill wasn't pretty.

Reply to
Timo Geusch