Catching up and Temptation! (Supra/Sera FS?)

I just can't seem to get into the habit of checking news lately. I miss Turnpike :/

So. Firstly, the Scorpio. I replaced the battery to no effect, then the alternator (dead easy - I love the Ford serpentine belt tensioner thingy and solid-mounted ancilliaries). Car still wouldn't start. 8 hours of messing around later with a constant refrain of "it's water in the fusebox" from the Scorpio forum lot, I swapped the ignition and HFW relays. And the bugger started and ran.

We think the alternator's overcharging killed the ignition relay, or perhaps I'm just really unlucky. Just for a laugh - though not /me/ laughing - after fixing it and taking it for a run, I managed to reverse into the fence and cracked the bumper. Arse.

And then, temptation struck...

1989 Citroen CX25GTI Turbo 2. In white with full leather, rust-free (seriously), year's MOT, a grand. That's about half what I'd expect to pay for one. Even the bonnet is lacking the usual rot.

Anyone want a Supra? 1989, 3.0 N/A Auto, red, no serious rust (some surface rust on the edge of the door) MOT Nov, new tyres, tax for six months (taxing it again in Feb). £1,000.

Or perhaps a Sera, MOT Jan '06, new front tyres, new headlights, new bumper supports and brackets. Needs bonnet, slam panel straightening and a front wing to be perfect (the wing has only a tiny crease above the light where the lip has folded over). Perfectly driveable as is but has a 1" gap in the bonnet above each wheel and the bonnet is about 1/2" too short ;). Slam panel has deflected about 5mm, needs pulling back into shape to fully mount the driver's side headlight and allow a new bonnet to latch (catch is perhaps an inch too far back!) or if welding is your thing, headlamp closing panel is £20, slam panel is £45, both genuine Toyota prices. £1,300 as is, has a UK Sony CD player installed.

Or talk me out of the CX. Heh.

(Yes, I'd sell both cars. Prefer to, in fact, if I was getting a CX).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Saw a black mint condition RHD DS on the motorway. Love those leather seats and the funky back rests/head rests. Absolutley stunning.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

A DS with the CX GTI Turbo lump would be fun. And probably lethal :D

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

YKIMS. Even I'd like one of them.

Reply to
SteveH

Had another scoot around it today - it really doesn't look bad, though the respray on the door is as bad as I had expected. Still no progress on the MOT side of things I'm guessing, since the car was supposed to be MOTd by next week and requires two pipes - I'm very worried about this as the mechanic in question is not someone who springs to mind as a Citroen expert; OTOH, it's not my car and if he makes a mess of it, then it's more to discourage me or other buyers.

Interior is lovely.

Sera didn't help the case for keeping it today. Damn thing locked me in! Also got offered a 1991 Mk 2 MR2 T-bar for what I believe is a monkey.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

what Scorpio? how much? :)

Reply to
dojj

Eh? We're not selling the Scorpio, that's my gf's car - plus it's a 1998 2.3 Ultima Auto estate, hardly exciting stuff.

(God, we have 3 automatics. Madness).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB