Christmas 2006 has come early...

...I've just scored VTEC B16 running gear, complete with all the conversion bits necessary to drop it into my 216 GTI.

:-D

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Is that a 160bhp 1.6 Vti engine?

Reply to
DanTXD

Yup.

I'm having it chipped to rev to 9k though.

Already got a Scorpion stainless system, and will be getting a decent four branch manifold for it, before we drop it in.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Nice, nice.

Reply to
DanTXD

Should be, especially once the front brakes have been upgraded as well.

'Come on in Roy Shaw, your time is up' ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Drilled discs and performance pads.

Still s**te, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Still, the 75's slammed to da deck, innit?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Good man!!! Let me know if you ever wanna sell it - I would happily part with the Swift gor that :)

Blimey, that's 2 of us on here doing engine swaps. Anyone would think this is a mods group!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Err 3 hopefully.

Reply to
Depresion

LOL.

It's very unlikely this one will be going anywhere (with my permission), for a long time - I've wanted one of these for ages. :-D

Indeed...

'Now showe us your mrs baps...'

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Ooops, I apologise :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

that very suggestion is disgusting! get out of here with ya fancy engine swap modding! we'll have none of that round here thanks!

Reply to
Vamp

4 if I manage to get the R1 carbs I'm watching on ebay :)
Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)