"I love it when a plan comes together..."

Finally got the 106 MOT'ed yesterday... and then stuck a years tax on it as well, so that should be it for the year now.

Drives absolutely spot on - I suspect it may end up in a ditch at some stage due to the impression I get that when it does finally let go on a corner, there won't be that much I can do about it... but at least when they cut my corpse out of it, I'll be found with a massive smile on my face.

And it looks like I've got myself an original white bumper with the grilles on Saturday as well, so bar a bit of tidying of things like stonechipped arch extensions, and a bit of finishing under the bonnet, it's finished.

Unlike the illfated Rover VTEC before it, this one has gone swimmingly well. :-D

Next up - the far less interesting Golf TDI needs a windscreen, MOT and VIC check.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Still got that or have you given up on that?

And someone out there, *please* talk me out of trying to stick some other silly Honda engine into this:

Hmmm.

Grandad car with an ex-Prelude 2.2l VTEC would have a certain ring to it.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Didn't just give up on it... the weekend before the 106 was collected, we 'lovingly' (1) dismantled it, and sold off the running gear etc.

Yes, as in 'oh look, this one works even less than that VTEC conversion JackH attempted', I suspect.

Probably a right PITA.

Someone fitted a 2.2 DOHC VTEC into a Rover 600... now that would make a good sleeper, and should be reasonably straight forward to do, especially if you used a 623i as the basis.

(1) ...as in, used only angle grinder and sleigh hammer. Bloody thing...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Oops. That bad, eh?

's wot I thought. I had been wondering at some point if I should've got myself a fuel injected one (I had one offered to me in very good nick, but though it was a tad expensive) and then try to source a Prelude 16V lump & box of similar vintage. That should drop right in as the front half of both models are pretty much identical.

Then I decided that this way madness lies...

Nice =8-D

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Rudolph's weapon of choice when renovating the north pole?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Ahhhhhh... f*ck off!

I was tired, mmkay. :-P

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

*Always* make sure you see / hear / running gear you want to stick in another car, running, before buying mmkay.

In fact I'd not buy anything any more unless I knew the car in question / seller as I did with the Rallye, or I'd been able to drive it before handing over the readies.

So aye... that bad.

That, and the 106 came up and I decided enough was enough - *loads* of timewasters interested in that Rover as well, meant it was time to draw it all to a conclusion one way or another, as well. ;-)

So... you now own the car in the link, then?

No word of a lie... it was actually very theraputic, dismantling that car - no messing about, we just cut away what we needed to to drop the lump back out, and did it quickly, and without the need for a hoist. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Ouch. I so know that feeling.

Picking up on Sunday.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

'Prace bets now on how long this one will be kept for'. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH