Crap car for sale.

Skoda Felicia Best part of a year's MOT. Tax to January. Central locking. Power steering. Keep fit windows. Can of touch up paint supplied...

£400.

I got it as payment for a job I did and have no honest use for it. It's an honest little banger, that's all.

You have two options.

1) Form an orderly queue 2) Hurl abuse in the manner of your choosing.

Either of the above options is acceptable......

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Takes the fun out of it, innit?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I can't justify another car, but there are a bunch of machines much newer with much higher price tags that I'd rather *not* drive.

Reply to
DervMan

Looks in good nick. So the munchie boxes didn't kill the rear shocks then.

Stick it in the retro-rides

Skoda-forum try snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Paul can place or buy almost any old skoda)
Bunch of nuts on there. I would love it especially in white with no sunroof because it will take a castrol scheme and a set of Compo MOs very easily. But no room, no money hence no pissing you about

Reply to
Elder

Nowt wrong with that...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

My thoughts exactley. Few age related blebs, but nothing to cause any structural problems.

Reply to
Elder

Age related?

That's shocking for something that age.

Reply to
SteveH

It's an 8 year old car. They weren't exactley refined when new. Just thick metal, and the anti corrosion was only good if you kept the service history upto date to the letter.

Reply to
Elder

8 years isn't old - and it certainly isn't something I'd expect to see on an 8 year old car.
Reply to
SteveH

It's certainly nothing like as nice as my Golf body wise, but it won't be hard work to fix these couple of things.

If it doesn't sell as is, I'll spent a few hours rectifying it and then it'll sell quite easily. Anyone that drives it will be quite shocked at how good a drive it is for such little money.

No worries either way.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Things change, a few months ago, if I mentioned anything older than 4=20 years old, and more than =A3300 it was a rotten banger that wasn't even=20 worth it as a trade in, whether it was a Skoda or a Saab.

Now you are saying an 8 year old Felicia, that was probably put together=20 and sat at the back of a Czech warehouse for 3 years before being=20 shifted (the last few classics were old manual equipment models with=20 some toys bolted on hence power steering and manual windows when others=20 had power windows but manual steering, and others had leather heated=20 seats and plastic steering wheels). It was standard practice even in the=20 early VAG days to build cars and stuff them in a warehouse at the back,=20 keep filling but shipping the cars from the front. So when they finished=20 making them, if you got the last ones it might be as old as 5 years old=20 before being registered. Skoda UK added the bits from some of the=20 "later" cars to the last cars to make them more "modern".

Dave Pickett of the owners club has an S110R. It is legally registered=20 as a 1980. That is the import date as first uk registration, it is one=20 of the last registered. But the body stickers under the carpets and=20 behind the panels, and the chassis numbers etc show it was actually one=20 of the first made, with a 1971 production date.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Eh?

You do tend to get drawn to all kinds of heaps of shit, though.

Yes, and?

Katie's 156 is 9 years and 130-odd thousand miles old and isn't going scabby.

Hell, my 156 is technically 6 years old, but it's absolutely pristine, even underneath.

Rust just shouldn't be seen on a 2000 registered car. Although Ford managed to keep building rusty shit until the MkIII Mondeo hit the showrooms (there are some very scabby MkI Focuses around these days).

Your point is?

Reply to
SteveH

That the eight year old car might actually be closer to 13 years old and have spent the first 5 years sat in damp hanger waiting to be shipped over on the open deck of a ship (although I think they stopped doing that with the favorit).

So a scabby focus is ok, and will fetch more money but a scabby felicia isn't.

Reply to
Elder

The point is that, anything registered in 2000 shouldn't be scabby. Be it a Focus or a Felicia.

I don't give a flying f*ck if it sat in a damp warehouse in some depressing communist backwater for 5 years....

I'm not denying that it's a good price for a cheap, reliable and easy to fix car, but I'm rather surprised at the amount of scabs breaking out on a car that isn't really that old.

Reply to
SteveH

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No, they're both shit that the manufacturers should be ashamed of.

Reply to
Adrian

Just remember, the Felicia cost new, less than the cost of the Focus used.

Reply to
Elder

For many good reasons, but none of them should be shit rust proofing.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh, I read that without reading the posting name and thought it was SteveH :-)

Reply to
DanB

Agreed and while both cars are not top of the crop, they beat walking by a large margin.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Reply to
Adrian