Dodgiest Ebay Auction, Ever!

Got to love the 'question for seller'.....

Reply to
Grant

They are old fashioned V5's not the New V5C's that should have all been sent out now.

Aren't they worthless? I don't think even the postoffice accepts them for car taxing does it?

I know that all vehicles taxed at the end of last year were getting new ones sent out, and all vehicles changing hands also. Plus al others being sent too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Aren't they worthless *anyway* ?

What can you do with them, except illegally clone a car ?

Infact, you can't even do that, because the DVLA know full-well that the car on that V5 has been scrapped !

Reply to
Nom

Yep. Although, if that V5 is fully intact, either the car has been stolen and never recovered, or it became so much of an MOT failure, it was cheaper to take it under the nearest Canal bridge and torch it, and sell the paperwork on Ebay.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I've emailed Luton Police about that, because there are some really dodgy characters arround there.

It might be a genuinely stupid person, it might not.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Good on ya. I forwarded the links Steve provided to the DVLA.

Reply to
JohnR

Well, I copied the Auction links, the title of the auctions and the content copy.

So someone might actually look and read them. But of course unless that screen has a Gatso pointing at it, no-one might ever know it arrived.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The seller is definitely a scumbag.

I've sent such links to DVLA before (if you do a search on VIN on ebay you usually find a few of these auctions). DVLA did agree it is illegal to sell V5s and VIN plates but bizarrely the ebay auction itself wasn't enough evidence for them.

So whenever I see these I usually report them to Ebay who remove the listing. Won't do that in this case as I'd be interested to hear the responses from the DVLA / Police.

Reply to
DougP

I did consider reporting this to Ebay. But when they pull the auctions and warn him about the illegal nataure, all he has to do is change his details to crap, then cancel his account, so even if they do inform the police, they haven't got any real details to track down anyway.

If he wants to sell again, all he has to do is setup a new account with slightly different details and a new username.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

So far, response from police zero.

Reply to