Duration of insurance for getting tax...

"Tony Bond \(UncleFista\)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Balls. Refunds are made to the registered keeper at the time of cashing in.

Reply to
Adrian

It's a perfectly plausible situation and I would imagine it fits the majority of most private car seller's circumstances. People tend to buy a car, then their old one up for sale whilst they're using the new one. Most people who buy a car will not take out insurance on two cars because 1) it's pointless and 2) their no-claims can not not generally be used on both of them).

Ah, in that case - my apologies; I've made the usual mistake of not basing my opinions on your own personal experience :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Are you 100% sure ? The last time I was in the DVLA office in Leeds (6 months or so ago) security had to escort an irate Pole out of the building because he wanted a refund on a disc. Lady behind the glass was adamant that only the original purchaser could get the refund.

Unc

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Probably because he wasn't the registered keeper on the DVLA database.

Reply to
SteveH

It's not pointless...

  1. It could be stolen or catch fire.

  1. If you have it insured, then potential buyers can drive it under their 'driving other cars' cover.

Well, there are so few genuine reasons to have a taxed, uninsured car, that people have been making them up to prove the change in rules is really unfair

Reply to
SteveH

Bingo ! That's the one. All I needed was a reminder :)

Jesus, it was only 6 months ago and I'm forgetting, must be my age...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)