Egg.com - Lunatics.

You have to remember us people at the older end of the twenties forget what it was like to be young :) I've never had to make a FC claim.

Yea, well that makes sense.

Reply to
Lordy

I don't think the season makes any difference, you seem to hang around all year round without contributing anything useful.

Reply to
Jack

yup :) and thats the beuty of it you have a crash, you pay the excess, they fix it or give you lots of money to buy another one (as long as you can prove that it is worth that muc in the first place by way of other cars advertised at that price, i have yet to see a running cossie at less than £3k)

some insurers (dependson which one you go with though) will also cover the costs of mods if they are listed rather than "you broke a wheel, we are going to get you another 15inch cossie one rather than that 19inch bling bling version you've got on htere" you might also be aware that you can get an agreed value on your car once it's been scuteneered by said insurnace company

you agree that he's not going to go for the cheeper quote or that he's going to lose all his cash in an off? :p

Reply to
dojj

which is what i've done with mine :)

Reply to
dojj

:)

take me for example i got a sierra, for free i then paid £506 to insure it fully comp what i do know is that, in the event of an accidednt, i will get a courtesy car, and my car will be fixed. if my window breaks, i pay £50 and they come and fit a new one (sierra heated windscreens cost anywhere from £270 - £400 so there is next years premium paid for in any case, been there, done that) i'm not saying that if you buy a car you should go for fully comp all the time, i've run around in shiters that have had only 3rd party on them in the past beecause they were run into the ground and then driven to the scrap yard

but in my circumstances, i have one car that me and the old man drive (the cooking sierra with the big rims on) and it's parked in the back garden then i have the TT estate that is covered for track insurance as well as on the road cover, both fully comp, agreed value, BIG excess for claims, but after having sunk the thick end of £30k into it, i don't want it not to be paid out, especialy as i've spent at least £10k on it in the last 2 years and have only driven it a total of about 600 miles (the rest of the time it's safely tucked away in the garage) and then i have my works van, which i drive about and sits in the front garden and is used for everything else

horses for courses, but for this particulr course, insuring a cossie TPFT isn't the best option

Reply to
dojj

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dojj1.fsnet.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

When Lordy Calms down or sobers up or whatever, will yu have a go at explaining to him, you might have had more luck.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

the simple fact of the matter is that, if you have a policy which replaces like for like, you are going to be better off than if the policy you have will replace "bling 19" chrome with 15 inch steel rim" because thats hwat was fitted as standard however, this may need to be posted in it's own thread as this one is begining to become a little too convoluted for some people to follow :)

Reply to
dojj

Why are you bothering ?

They're just dated old tat now - any number of quicker, more modern cars will be much cheaper to insure (Cossies are Group 20, usually plus "Cossie Loading" on top) and you get a much better car as part of the deal !

Reply to
Nom

And ontop of that, they wouldn't actually replace anything anyway - cos the value of the car means that anything other than the very smallest of scrapes (on which you wouldn't claim anyway) means they'd just write off the car.

Reply to
Nom

It clearly makes a big difference - both you and Jolly-Green-Giant man have appeared within the same couple of days, to post meaningless s**te to the group.

I'd hazard a guess that it actually IS moron season ?

Reply to
Nom

Lordy's right - generally, your mods aren't covered.

What Liverpool Vic do is hardly relevent - you know full-well that they don't treat mods like everyone else - that's why you're with them !

Reply to
Nom

But he's not wrong ! We all know that LV treat things differently - that's why they're popular with modding peeps !

Reply to
Nom

Er, it costs you money. Some fully comp policies include Breakdown Cover for minimal cost.

In which case, you'll A. Fail the next MOT, and B. Look like a chav.

£100 ? There are plenty of cars whose windscreens cost in the region of £500 !

None. If you're gonna run about in a disposable £220 wreck, then it hardly matters how it's insured :)

I'm with Dojj on this one - for anyone who spends more than beer money on a car, fully comp insurance is a better choice. It used to be the case that you could save large chunks of cash (upto 50% sometimes !) by taking the TPF&T option - but now that insurance companies have realised that the majority of claim-cost is made up by the other vehicle(s) in the accident, most of the discount is gone.

Reply to
Nom

ROFL :)

Turns out my new ones would be £800 fitted at a dealer :)

Yea my sub £500 piece of shit only applied where the car was just something used till it died, the type of thing you just don't GAF about.

Reply to
DanTXD

as has been documented in the past, I got my car for free it's worth around the £600 mark due to it's history etc, but only someone who wanted to pay that would pay for it I spent £140 doing it up (timing chain) and then £500 on insurance but because I want to keep my double set of no claims (70% on the TT estate) and a whopping 50% on this one at the moment) at least I can let the old man crash it without worrying about my no claims :) and I can drive other vehicles plus the windscreen, courtesy car etc benefits that come with FC but not with TPFT

Reply to
dojj

but how many other cars have the same pace as the cossie :) for the same price :) I'd haveone in a shot (if I hadn't already been there, done that, bought the t-shirt etc)

Reply to
dojj

Once you've taken running and repair costs of a 15-year-old-Ford into account, there are probably more than you'd think !

Reply to
Nom

Oh, I know, but Lordy couldn't see that there are variances, while most treat you like crap, take your money, then give you a kicking to say thanks, not all are like that.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.Somewhere spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Yeah, I know. Bastard isn't it. I don't get to moan about my insurance. They charge the cheapest for the cars I've owned. They understand that sometimes sensible intelligent people mod their cars. They don't charge silly money when they do. And they cover the changes as well. All I need to find out now is that the company is run by an all natural, non silicon enhanced, scale replica of Pamela Anderson, with a slightly hidden flat spot on top of her head that is the perfect height to rest a pint pot, and is addicted to oral sex.

Then I really would hate them.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo