Egg.com - Lunatics.

Looks like i'm selling the R5 Turbo....

egg.com online insurance are quoting me...(at 21) on a Sapphire cossie £1012 fully comp.

Need to sort finances out and it's game on.

i'd suggest everyone have a lok and get a quote :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

£349 for my Audi A4 quattro Esure are still miles cheaper for me, I pay £350 inc breakdown cover and homestart :) 9 years no claims 31 years old

Ronny

Ronny

Looks and feels like (and gave me almost exactly the same quote as) the directline.com website.

£790 Fully comp on my 2.6 carlton )c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

i'm *21* years old.

21...cossie..
Reply to
Mason

everywhere barring adrian flux i simply got "f*ck off".

to put it in perspective i still get quotes of around this margin (1k) for cars like tegra type R's Civic Type r's and.....you'll love this....fiesta RST's :o)

hmmmmmm Sapphire cosworth or festa turbine?

tough one.

Reply to
Mason

Well, I just got a quote from LV to move from the old Saab to a 1990=20 Toyota Celica GT4. The deal was (and I gave the them the reg number) no=20 Cost to change over for the last month and a half. And then an estimated=20 renewal (too far away) of =A3520 fully comp.

That compares with the 1992 Prelude I was considering, with a quote of=20 =A335 change over, and =A3600 renewal.

And these are the cheapest quotes I've found so far.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

I guess they reason it will spend most of it's time broken down on your drive!

Will :-)

Reply to
Will Reeve

wouldnt buy anything except a recent re-build.

Reply to
Mason

If you have 4 years NCD - Priviledge guarentee to beat that. Offered to shave some £200 of Nom's premium on the Ti. I was lookin at £350 to insure the 405, fully comp, student, 21.

Reply to
DanTXD

3 years NCD :o(
Reply to
Mason

Gimme gimme gimme

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

:o)

will be taking offers in the near future.

will post price and full spec then ;o)

but spec includes...

Group A - head, gasflowed Group A - head gasket Group A - pisons Group A - clutch Group A - Cam random dump valve full stainless steel exhaust system koni adjustables all round

and on and on and on

Reply to
Mason

I need pics! I have to get another car somewhere because the da said i wasn't allowed 3 cars, this leads me to believe i have to have 4 :-D

Does it come with a parking space?

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

only need half a parking space pal ;o)

Reply to
Mason

they only shifted 100 quid for TPFT. fuor the peace of mind on FC i think it's worth it.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

On a couple of cars I've had with LV (including those with cosmetic mods (seats, steering wheel, etc)) the TPF&T policies have been more expensive than comp, because they like to have modded cars, or those that are likely to be (ie cars owned after I declared mods on other ones) on comprehensive policies.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

yes it's exactly the same with My R5. wouldnt do TPFT at all.

To be fair if/when i finally get my childhood dream car then i'd want it insuring FC.....plus i'm looking at 300bhp+ so FC is always the sensible option.

Reply to
Mason

Whereas hopefully *you* told Adrian Flux to "f*ck off" :)

Reply to
Lordy

Not really worth fully comp, can't you get that down more by going TPF&T (or will they only do FC).

Reply to
Lordy

Well 'Egg' aren't an insurer on their own, they're just a small company trying to dip their wicks in as many holes as possible. Plus Direct Line are well known for hosting virtual brokers (such as Tesco) so that's more than likely the case.

Reply to
Lordy