Engine done, but...

Well the engine in the 205 has now been changed. The bloke that sold the engine to me told me it came from a 205 XS (ie straight swap). But now i've got it in and finally got it going after 3 days of work it turns out that what (i believe) he's done is taken a 106 SPi block and stuck an XS gearbox and manifold on it. So now the car is gutless above 5500rpm. Slightly p***ed off - you could say that! grrrrrrrr And after all the problems i've had, i really cant be arsed to take the head off and change the cam! Any idea what garages charge these days for that sort of thing?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs