Engine swap - Pug (i think my engines bout to go)

So i was thinking bout putting thr 2.1 in to replace the 1.9. Any one ever done it?? and do u recon it would just go stright in?

Reply to
Cheater2k

Depends on which engine version of the 1.9 your pug had.

The 2.1 has the bosch fuel pump with all the electronic bells and whistles so almost certainly you'll need the 2.1 ECU and associated wiring.

-- James

Reply to
James

Sell the bastard quick while it still runs and get yourself a nice 2.1. You'll get yourself a damn sight less dirty and/or it will save you paying some mug to do it for you.

I've just swapped the gearbox on my car (like for like mind you - not an upgrade), I got very dirty, it took me a long time, but it didn't cost me too much and believe it or not I actually quite enjoyed it, but I didn't need the car to get to work everyday, used parents garage, etc, etc.

Am I right in thinking there's a pug 2.1dt mechanical injection and a 2.2 hdi? My mother's 306 2.0hdi has lots of wires and clever stuff like fly by wire throttle. Very different in a lot of ways to the 1.9dt my dad had so I'd reckon dt to hdi would be a lot of trouble, but would be a well nice car when you'd got it going.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne