FAO: Burgerman

It didn't look right with just the one 'b' :-)

Reply to
rp

A suggested modification for the tank chair:

You say you might have problems sitting in the van, right? How about having a tail-lift on the back (dunno if yours is already equipped), and remote control installed on the chair. Then you could drive it out the back of the van and round to the driver's door ;)

It's pretty mad though. I reckon you'd look like one of the bad guys from Quake 2 driving it lol

Reply to
Abo

I got my eyes lasered about three years ago, thank f*ck (by the sounds of it...)

Have you tried the night and day lenses? I had a pretty good experience with them. I reckon I'd still be using them now; I've got hayfever which meant I couldn't wear lenses a lot of the time during the pollen season (just when you need sunglasses lol) which is why I bit the bullet and went to see Ultralase...

Reply to
Abo

Exactly. Something else I found was that the 24 hour ones were more comfortable when driving the car with the air-con on. Before them I had regular and then daily disposables and the air-con tended to make them a bit dry.

Reply to
Abo

They'll be an OGC-approved supplier. I guess this means they can charge above the norm (as long as other OGC paper suppliers charge similar) because you're not allowed to nip down to Wrights Office Supplies and buy some cheap stuff.

Reply to
Abo

TBH, I'm quite happy with the monthly disposables, and now they've gone back to the original solutions I'm even happier.

I'd like to have them lasered, but I'm definitely too chicken!

Reply to
Halmyre

It's fecking nuts. Anything even vaguely exotic (say, CDRs) were even dearer. Something like =A33 a pop. Add the fact that you can't pay anyone by credit card and you soon find the number of people you can buy from dwindling (ie, hotels etc.) and you end up paying over the odds, just because people don't want to have to claim back expenses.

Reply to
mrdoki