FAO SteveH

2nd gear 60mph Hit the limiter. Not nice and not how I would like to drive on motorway. I bet you line the crotch of your like leathers with ground glass and itching powder too.
Reply to
Elder

my Mk1 MR2 hit the limiter (well i don't think it had a limiter) but it was basically like whacking on the brakes as hard as you could. i was in second gear and trying to put my glasses on (need them for driving annoyingly) and i was nailing it down the road then WHACK! the car nosed dived forward. hurt my shoulder and dropped my glasses. i dipped the clutch as soon as i felt it and quickly put it into third. wouldn't do that again.

in the BM when you got close to the limiter the power would feel to die off just before and nothing really happened after. if you changed just before the limiter and found the sweet spot you'd come into the next gear just after 3k rpm where there is a nice torque surge :)

i think only motorbikes are worth hitting the limiter, a proper engine doesn't need to hit the limiter, get close but not hit it :)

Reply to
Vamp

Eww, it has a hard limiter.

How agricultural.

Reply to
SteveH

I did that earlier

It was doing over 80

It didn't do that, because I changed up at this point.

Seemed rude not to, given it was revving well into the red.

Oh, it was. But then I was on the bike. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Proper limiters are centrifugal and built into the rotor arm...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, it has a bouncy limiter, but I only had to feel it to shift. I take it you flavour your itching powder with nagas.

Reply to
Elder

Behave, far too cold out there to ride like a mentalist and not die! Far too cold to be out at all now at your age ;-)

I can still feel the pain in my hands as my £20 gloves did, well, nothing to keep my hands warm, as I rode the 12 miles to college every day... for nearly two years! Thankfully passed my car test on December the 18th, year

2000, and lost my driving alone virginity that night, driving just 6 miles round trip to a mates and back.

The ice was, well, scary yet exciting, just like losing any virginity... Right Dougie? ;-p

Reply to
DanB

After losing my hand virginity, the rest of my virginities have been much of a muchness in comparison.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

One always remembers one's first....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Heh, I rode a Yamaha YB100 through a winter up North. I had a pair of £30 gloves. They were shit too :-) Worst night I can remember was back in 1994 in the snow. My mate dropped me off back at my bike in town and went home. I'd left one of my gloves in his car. No mobiles back then, so I had to ride home without it. I took my socks off and put them on my left hand. It was 8 miles of hell..

First time I rode on ice, I didn't realise I was on ice until I fell off and the ride ended. Yep, pretty much like any other virginity then :-(

Reply to
Mike P

So it has 2nd gear stretched to give an unrealistic 0-60 time? How very GTi.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Dunno, redline is 6.5k and I know at 70 in 3rd when I first got it was only approaching 6k and sounded awesome.

Reply to
Elder