Fave ferrari?

had this chat with the guy at work today, his fave was the old skool F40 but my fave is the 355 so whats yours?

Reply to
Vamp

250GTO. It's just gorgeous in every way. The more modern ones don't really look that nice IMO.

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Lol.... F40 'old skool'

There's so many beautiful Ferraris, it's hard to pick one definitive model for me.

My current favourites include:

250GTO, 250LM 288GTO and 512BBi

If I could pick one to live with on a daily basis, I'd probably have to plump for the 288GTO, I think.

Reply to
SteveH

456 please :)

-- Chet

Chet

The 250 GTO (as everyone else has said) and the 360 are nice looking IMO. Not a massive fan of the Enzo or the 550, quite like the F40. I've driven none of them, so I can only go on what they look like.

Reply to
Doki

Tricky one - have Ferrari ever made a truly terrible car?

Probably the worst of recent years was the Testarossa and it's derivatives. Pure '80s tack.

Closely followed by the Testarossa-esq 348.

Don't really have a problem with the 'boulevard cruisers' of the 60s 'cos they still have classic lines and looks.

Reply to
SteveH

250GTO 250SWB Dino 246 Daytona F40

But.... whats your *least* favourite Ferrari? Mine's the 550, although I'm none too keen on the 'boulevard cruisers' of the 60's....

Reply to
Sparadrap

Oh, I agree entirely, forgot the Testarossa, the ultimate 'wide a**e' mobile. As for the 'boulevard cruisers, it's just that I feel Ferrari should be performance orientated, not looks (just coincidence that most of them are gorgeous ;-) The 'boulevard' ones, albeit relatively quick for their day have just a few too many unnecessary chrome fripperies for my liking, and look like many of them are named - they would be so

*right* in California or Monaco, but nowhere else. As for the 550 - yech

- looks like a Toyota Supra - the 456 is much classier.

Apparently, the only time I've ever driven in a Ferrari I was 2 years old. 30 years on I still haven't managed a repeat...

Reply to
Sparadrap

I still reckon they're alright. Don't think I'd have one, mind (assuming I won the pools or a long lost loaded relative died in the near future, and could then actually afford one)

I don't - they're horrid full stop.

I mean next thing you'll be telling me you'd have that dogs dinner, the Porsche Cayenne, just because its a pseudo 4x4 with a Porker badge on the arse of it...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH
355 all the way baby, Spider as well

456 would be nice but 150k is a bit steep, only reason I would get a 456 is cus Beckham had one, and it was loverly.

Dunno if I would go for the classic RED or might be tempted with Blue or Black.

but 355's really stand out imo

Ronny

Reply to
Ron

'Visually challenged'

Not a fair comparison. The Cayenne is almost 100% VW, whereas the

400/412 is Ferrari through and through. Even has the lovely V12 motor.
Reply to
SteveH

Mike P waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Best Ferrari?

250 GTO, but I have a secret hankering for a 456 GT (the later M one), or maybe a Dino or 308 GTB (fibreglass one)

Worst Ferrari?

308 GT4, for being ugly, Testarossa for being wider than a Transit, 348 for being tacky, 360 cause the shape doesn't do anything for me and they're a bit too 'bling'

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

I've had always had a soft spot for the 355 since i went in one :) 355 Spyder in red with manual 'box i'd have.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

yeah i want a black one, the 355 looks the nutz in black

tried to race one in my MR2 down the A12 not so long ago :) the engines sound sooooo sweet but i lost him and i was doing around 120mph! he musta hit well over 150mph! guy is probably dead now

Reply to
Vamp

Modern:

575M (though I do love the Enzo but it's too much a super car to be practical)

Classic: Dino 206 even if it is 6 cylinders short of a proper Ferrari engine(but I do love the

330 spyder but maybe because it reminds me of the 550 from Porsche)

Strangely though my top 2 are the Enzo and 250 TR

Special note to the Arno for doing a lot more than even the enzo can do (well on water)

Reply to
Depresion

I normally just lurk but this is one thread that took my interest...

As far as classics go, of course the 250 GTO. I also like its successor, the 275 GTB, long nose from 1966; famous for being the first Ferrari to use their transaxle layout. Also the 250 GT SWB is curvier and IMO prettier than the GTO.

Modern Ferraris, I've loved include the 512-M but I think that's only because I had a poster of one on my bedroom wall when I was younger. The F50 has to be the greatest for that F1 derived engine and fully stressed rear end design. The 355 Berlinetta has to be the best overall drivers' package though.

Racing Ferraris, the 333SP for being one of the greatest prototypes ever. The Prodrive 550M machines are simply awesome. From the Fangio era I actually prefer the Lancia and Alfa Romeo machines, sorry...

Cheers,

Robin

Reply to
Robin Cull

The Bertone X1/9.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

You sick, sick, man ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

550M Maranello actually... :)
Reply to
Lordy
288 GTO Evoluzione...

Or that twin turbo F40 that Hamann did with some stupid power figure around the 1000bhp mark

Reply to
Andy Connolly