Fiesta TDCI - OBD & MP3 Changers

It is in the 15% bracket, but there's an extra 3% for being diesel.

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

I don't think I would. I've never been a fan of the way a Focus drives - high driving position, 'rubbery' handling. Just doesn't do it for me in any way at all.

As for tax and fuel savings.... when I buy a car for those reasons, I'll drive it straight off the side of the Severn Bridge, as it means life is no longer worth living.

Satnav I already have. Only mine is transferrable between the 3 cars and

2 bikes.
Reply to
SteveH

Sounds bloody expensive at the side of my £300 Mondeo. You're going to have to do a lot of miles to make up for the saving on fuel...

Reply to
Doki

It probably also has shorter gearing, inferior aerodynamics and a less efficient engine that has to work relatively harder.

Reply to
DervMan

Technically, an extra 3% for being a non-Euro-IV diesel.

Reply to
DervMan

Company car though, innit?

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm sure I'd heard of some diesels being right in the very bottom bracket without the extra loading.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Each to their own, I suppose. I agree the Focus feels like you're sitting on it rather than in it, but that's all the seats, IMO. If only Ford had a comfort expert on the design team. I would probably buy one if it was comfortable. The only reason I chose a Ford is because I had no choice :-/

Bear in mind that it was either a Mundano LX or a Fiesta Ghia (I decided against the Focus as it had no real plus points over either of the others). Tax/fuel savings, and handling over 50bhp and a boot. The choice was pretty simple.

Sat nav I have. It was free. It automatically calculates the quickest route from A to B taking into account current traffic information.

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

Aye, some are, but the Fiesta 1.4 TDCi isn't at the moment.

Reply to
DervMan

Well slap me sideways and call me Nigel - Ford responded! I got home to find a letter from Ford on the floor detailing what items on the car are connected to the CAN bus, and where they are located. Sadly there was no information on interfacing with it. I wonder if CAN is generic? I'm not really up to speed with it.

Cheers, Andy (well impressed)

Reply to
Andy Laurence

Nom