Find me some honda Goodness

Right guys just bought a lovelvy little honda civic 1600 (no its not the vtec one :( trouble is its lunched the engine, anyone point me in the direction of some Honda owners forums so i can start accumulating some knowledge and parts :)

Reply to
Rob

Migweb?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No Douglas, Migweb is full of rusty vauxhalls, not rusty hondas

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The main UK one, oh I forget the name of it, try Google?

Quite a friendly bunch for the most part but some have no patience with newbies.

Reply to
DervMan

Google for Honda revolutions. Frede forum, and membership club with discounts option.

Reply to
Elder

I've got a rusty Honda 1600 - aka a Rover 416.

With a working engine!

David

Reply to
David Lane

Not sure. The engine number starts D16Z2E though. It's one of the last ones (June '95).

David

Reply to
David Lane

That won't fit.

Well actually, it might... but it'll be the SOHC instead of the DOHC IIRC.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

That's the DOHC one, IIRC.

A mate recently dropped a Rover sourced one into his Mk2 CRX which had lunched its crank.

The key difference (apart from the rocker cover, and yes, that's interchangable) was that the original Honda lump had a lighter flywheel - easily changed when you've got both lumps side by side.

I believe other than that, it was pretty much a straight swap.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

True - it's SOHC only.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Well Honda were pretty generous when it came to making things compatible when it comes to the D series - the bellhousings etc., all tend to be the same.

However... no point in using a SOHC in something that originally came with the DOHC, eh? :0)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

True, which makes me wonder if the DOHC will fit in place of a SOHC?

David

Reply to
David Lane

It will... it's been done to plenty of R8 shape 200 Tomcat coupes and

3 door models that were saddled with SOHC Honda lumps, and the R8 shaped 400 is mechanically identical.

However... why you'd bother doing that to one of those, is a different matter...

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk