ford escourt xr3i

105bhp from a 1.4 K-Series is ok-ish as well.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

So do I. My Carlton came out of the factory without a driver as standard, so every time I step in it it's been altered from the original spec :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

So it 100bhp from a 1.3 TU engine

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What's one of them when it's at home.

Wasn't the Diahatsu Charade one of the most powerful 1 litre engined cars (1 litre 3-cyl turbo - suppose with a blower it's cheating though).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The RS1600i was 115bhp due to Mr Ford having ported the head half decently, and ported the inlet manifold.

Non of the CVH's in stardard fettle make book figures however, but the late

1.6 EFI is closest.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

132bhp officially.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Pug engine isn't it?

Reply to
Doki

don't you mean 132 german PS which are slightly smaller ( just being pedantic of course )

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Then Classic Ford mag is wrong.

When new out of the factory maybe, not after a few years of abuse. Either way, a far cry from 8 seconds :)

Reply to
Lordy

106 Rallye Mk1.

Reply to
Dan405

And 205 Rallye over the water

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

no, 132 BHP ;)

Reply to
dojj

Was the Fiesta RS significantly heavier than the Escort, or did the electronic injection have detrimental effects or something ?

Whereas Escort Turbos have to be treated with a bit of respect (I use that in the loosest possible sense), every Fiesta RS I've encountered has just been easy game, a complete walkover.

Reply to
Lordy

Saw a 205 Rallye the other day, they had the XS engine in in this country didn't they?

Reply to
Dan405

I don't know to be honest they have better electronics than the escorts so that's why they produce more power they are easily chipped to the 170 mark they should lay waste to most things if they are done properly the only downside is that they were only made for a production run of just over 18 months and most that you are likely to see have had escort turbo lumps put in them with the bigger T3 turbo rather than the T25 the fiesta uses so it's not only a smaller car, it weighs less, and has better throttle response so it should be quicker than a rat up a drainpipe then again, most converted cars are home made and if they ain't set up properly then they run like a bag of poo

Reply to
dojj

Yeah, pretty pathetic really :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Put a cosworth engine in it

Reply to
Cheater2k

Yeah, a turbo-charged BDA, then convert it to RWD (or AWD).

Oops, that was 3k, not 30k, wasn't it?

Reply to
Jamesy

8-0