Getting alloys delivered

right need to get some wheels delivered. anyone suggest any companies that could do it for me? they must pick them up then deliver them to me. I've measured the wheels includeing tyres as being 23" and the width as 7". which gives cubic feet of 8.57.

The wheels i'm getting delivered are super-t's. Anyone no how much they weigh with tyres? With parcels togo they have a weight limit of 25kg-how much do you reckon each wheel would weigh?

Reply to
robert

Suggest you put them in huge boxes stuffed with helium filled balloons? They will be lighter, but have slightly larger mass...

Reply to
Burgerman

You'll probably have to send them as four seperate parcels.

Just stick em on your bathroom scales and find out ! (Hint - each wheel with tyre, will be LOTS less than 25Kg)

Reply to
Nom

i'm getting them sent to me so cant weigh them but i'll ask the guy to weigh them. do you reckon 2 will be less then 25kg?

Reply to
robert

No reason why they can't be sent individually. But I'd say with tyre they'd be over 25 kg.

It's an ongoing problem with Ebay. ;-) A good opening for an enterprising company - collecting that sort of stuff, unpacked. They could call it PostPal

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I had some delivered once - City Link IIRC. Came as two parcels of two wheels. About £15-£20.

Reply to
Scott M

Dave Plowman raved thus:

:: In article , :: robert wrote: ::: With parcels togo they have a weight limit of 25kg-how ::: much do you reckon each wheel would weigh? :: :: No reason why they can't be sent individually. But I'd say with tyre :: they'd be over 25 kg. :: :: It's an ongoing problem with Ebay. ;-) A good opening for an :: enterprising company - collecting that sort of stuff, unpacked. They :: could call it PostPal

Send 'em by Amtrak. I sold an antique cast iron fireplace on eBay once and shipped it with Amtrak. It weighed something silly like 130 kilos, which would have been a significant but reasonable price (can't remember exactly how much now). However, the overall dimensions meant it needed to go in a cage by itself so it cost about £100 to send; you wouldn't need to worry about that with wheels though. Just box 'em up.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Sure I replied to you in another group before you posted this, you're looking at about 18kg for each wheel and tyre. I've been looking into this for a Westfield to try and get the lightest combination and for a 15" lightweight one piece alloy race wheel and road legal race tyre you could just get 2 for 25kg. With your normal heavy road alloy and tyre there's no chance of 2 weighing less than 25kg.

Reply to
Homer

Nope. They'll be 15Kg each at the very least.

Reply to
Nom

Is it uphill to where they are coming from?

Reply to
scott

LOL !

Reply to