Golf GTi 1.8t

But you'd think that a GTI would have some face compared to a cooking model Focus or for that matter a Ka.

Of course I'm not - this is usenet, right? :-)

I do like the mark five Golf, but you're right, I have a dislike for most VAG products. I've also sold VAG products, briefly, then left on ethical grounds.

Reply to
DervMan

I'm not saying it's a lot - evos make that much a litre as standard now. I'm just saying that I reckon a lot of the rolling road figures you hear bandied about in the mags are a load of s**te.

Reply to
Doki

JabbaSport

Reply to
ts86

I think there are differences between 150bhp and 225bhp 1.8T's.

This tuner only lists up to 80bhp gain on 150bhp VW 1.8T MKIV Golf =

230bhp.
only run to 240bhp on 180bhp Leon
may just be internals need uprating on 150/180bhp but could besomething more basic so they don't bother, just swap in a 225bhp oneand start with that. Goes to stage 6 and +235bhp = 460bhp, but seems to need new guts at 330bhp so price rockets [1]. Seat Leon 1.8T 20v 225Bhp
Audi TT 225bhp quattro
You won't be wanting to pay those prices for stage 6 though. You should be able to buy and do the whole car to show winning spec with uprated 6 pot brakes, coilovers, paint, seats. transmission. body, paint etc for that sort of money. [1] Don't have clue why it should cost that much or why they think it needs to be opened up to 2L (unless 1.8 crank is crap). Going on prices for a Nissan 1.8, a set Pauter rods and Wisco/JE's/ACL forged pistons shouldn't cost more than £1200. Metal head gasket £200. Gasket kit, bearings and regrind for rebuild £400. Other stuff like belt, water and oil pump needed. DIY rebuild, that's the guts done for £2000 and is OK to 500bhp+. Can't see any reason why bits for VW should cost any more.

Maybe VW/Audi owners are like Porsche owners and just like bragging how much it cost and won't pay less "cos they must be shit man". Happens in all levels of motor tuning, look at "Spinning Heads"

set of V8 heads out performed all other heads the idiot had run withbut just because they didn't look like all the duff heads he waswilling to pay about $20,000 over the top to make them look likeeveryone else's!

Peter Hill