Golf mk3 and big rims

Never saw the point of a sport that can take several days to play and still end in a draw.

Reply to
Homer

In all honesty I have no idea, I have never wished to investigate it that deeply. It's just a butchering of a famous quote.

Agreed, I much prefer something with a bit of tactics, strategy and bucketloads of hand-eye co-ordination. I am quite partial to Snooker for instance.

Hand me that shovel, Dan.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

You've just described cricket, there....

Reply to
SteveH

Strange, I can't remember saying anything about whacking a stupidly heavy ball into a crowd and then waddling down a grass field in white clothes, and wearing body armour down my pants.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It's an old man's thing. I suppose once you reach your twilight years, you need to slow things down a bit.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

*sigh*

It's one of the most tactical sports you can play.

Besides, watching is fun - you sit around drinking beer all day in the sun.

Reply to
SteveH

Fuxake!! That's just.... silly.

Would probably look ok on a Golf in almost any other colour though.

I'm /almost/ tempted to try and find a tidy set of 16" Azev A for my Mk2.

Reply to
Pete M

I don't drink...

(Oh god, there's another "dirty secret" for Ken to pick up on in a few years).

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Christ, what's this place coming to, it appears to be full of poofs, geeks and women these days.

Reply to
SteveH

Pass but do dig a hole and explain the rules.

What would you know, you have made more than enough classic statements for people to assume you're brainless.

Reply to
DervMan

Nollucky bollucky bill it is.

It's slow paced and boring. You're confusing "tactical" with "slow."

An irrelevance.

Reply to
DervMan

Actually I wasn't being totally honest, I had a Baileys at Christmas. Fair put some hairs on my chest it did :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Believe it or not it drives fine with them on, as it did with the 18's

I had them on the leon last week

Stilauto do a decent copy of the A's, much easier than trying to find a real set!

Reply to
Chet

He had to do a good bit of chopping yeah and that was with 215's iirc. He also limited himself to 7 or 7.5" wheels

Reply to
Chet

Needs lowering, pronto.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It settled a bit after a drive but yeah, it still needed lowering.

They were only on it a day

Reply to
Chet

LOL looks like he took a 12" angle grinder to the arches.

Reply to
Homer

Right, so what you're saying is that England are shit too?

Fuck off then.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

England didn't lose, at home, to the worst side in European rugby.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Look, this is my big skinny bald face not caring.

Reply to
Douglas Payne