got my new motor

well guys after much trawling of ebay and looking around the local free-ads a new car came to me. Was selling the pug estate through the local paper, nice man came to look at it. Then those scary words, will you take a p/x.

Long story short, i now have a rather natty cavalier motorsport. its everything you could want in a cavvy, it has back arches, no tappet rattle, and a lovely set of alloys. original plan was to just punt it on bt after a swift look over and under, oh and the small matter of putting a a 100 miles on it, IM IN LOVE. yes with a cavalier, its totally minted, not a mark on it.

Oh yes and i think it will make a lovely home for the redtop :)

Reply to
Rob

Motorsport?

You mean it's a chavved-up shed, then, with a Ford sticker on it.

Reply to
SteveH

Rob, you are incredibly pikey. You know that, don't you? We call Mk 3 Cavaliers 'pikey Cavaliers'. Even if you do like them, for God's sake keep quiet about it ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Hello,

It's probably straight from barryboys.co.uk site with gigantic exhaust, airfix kit, ir>

Reply to
PK

ITYM 'pikey Chavaliers'.

Reply to
SteveH

In news:f0GPd.528$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-win.ntli.net, Rob decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Oh dear.

He's bought a Cavalier.

Now he's trying to tell us it's a "motorsport" one.

Strange that a "motorsport" Cavalier doesn't have the fabled "Red Top" already in, isn't it?

Oh, I get it, it's that goldie looking chain one!!!

Reply to
Pete M

'you knows it's true, clart'

I would have loved the GLC Chavalier, would have been 'wikkid, innit' around these parts.

Reply to
SteveH

LOL - we've all seen them. It's so amusing that these unfortunates think it makes the car look anything other than completely shit.

Reply to
JohnR

I had a tidy, standard M plate SRi (Ecotec), a couple of years ago... was actually quite a nice car, and very good on fuel considering the size etc - on a steady run, it would do getting on for 50mpg, yet was still quite quick when you wanted it to be.

Reply to
JackH

there used to be a really nice GSi round my way and a nice black Turbo too, the GSI was owned by some chav that worked at PC world and he smashed into a volvo with it, drove it like a complete tosser as well! the turbo was driven by some guy a couple of roads away from me who looked in his 30's or so, was a damn nice looking cav turbo and you never saw him thrashing the s**te out of it, seen him in a dark red skyline about the place now :)

Reply to
Vamp

no the Motosport cavalier is a limited edition type run,

its a 1800 8v or a 2.5 V6 based on the cesaro spec,

has slightly more sri esque suspension than a stock cav, also has a rather natty interior too

so dont rip the pish when you dont know what your talking about :)

it clearly states on the log book Cavalier 1.8 motorsport :)

but motorsport it certainly aint :(

nothing that cant be fixed by a bit of cannibilisation of the nova :)

Reply to
Rob

So it's a gutless 'special edition', then.

Hmmmm.

We'll believe that when we see it.

Reply to
SteveH

So did the Cavalier Antibes, but that still didn't stop it from being a nasty POS ;)

You know, I love special editions. Ford Escort Harrier (Mk V model) - actually, they were police fleet cars for CID, unwanted, so they stucka spoiler and sticker on 'em.

And who can forget the Vauxhall Victor ES.

Actually, most people did ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

In news:g1MPd.672$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-win.ntli.net, Rob decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

so it's still not a Motorsport one.

which would make the SRi the nearest thing to a "motorsport" one due to having a different rear suspension layout from normal Cavaliers.

so, you can have normal s**te Cav suspension, or SRi s**te rear suspension. Which is yours?

this is the fundamental difference between you and I.

*I* know what I'm on about, whereas you're a chav with a poverty spec Cavalier.

HTH

Jpg please.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete, they do say 'motorsport' on the logbook, from the googling I've been doing.

However, it doesn't stop them being chavved up Merit spec. cars with a spoiler and alloys chucked at 'em.

Reply to
SteveH

Not very good my arse, they were fantastic in their day.

Reply to
LordyUK

Not very good in what way? They're great engines, a little on the heavy side but very reliable and tuneable. Cosworth designed the cylinder head but they were fitted with a restrictive inlet manifold which limited the power. Change the fuel injection system for something less restrictive and you can get 200bhp+ from it without any other mods.

Reply to
Homer

Well the red top aint goin in it

sold this morning to a man with a corsa from Newcastle:)

Now the plan is to just tidy it up a bit debadge and maybe fit a 2l 8v at some point. its clean anough with colour coded bumpers mirrors grill etc being a late model it has the new shape front end.

Basically a good scrub and drop it on the 15's it came with, should be a nice car

Reply to
Rob

Now this, I don't understand... why not just go and buy a SRi or GSi, or even a V6, in the first place?

A lot less hassle, and easier to insure.

Hell, they're not even that dear these days...

Reply to
JackH

So it's a cav with a few stickers the dealer chucked on then?

Well done you've got another shitbox :o)

Welcome to literally hours of trouble free motoring*

*motoring = driving in a line as we all know how good they are at going round corners.

Mason

Mason

Reply to
Mason