Happy

The golf now seems to be oil tight again. Now all that needs doing is brakes, suspension and paint...

Reply to
Doki

Thats not alot then!

Reply to
Ed

What paint? My boot lid is cancerous.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

Join the club. Tailgate has a little rot. Both doors need welding due to previous breakins, possibly fit Audi 80 handles, but maybe not. Rear panel has gotten scratched and is rusting. A dodgy repair on the roof and the 3/4s have been sprayed with two pack at some point and I've done quite well at chipping them. So basically the entire car bar the front end, which I might as well do...

Reply to
Doki

Suspension and brakes is only going as far as ripping the brakes off the

16V, and fitting 16V suspension with new dampers. The engine is staying standard for I am poor.
Reply to
Doki

Excellent fun. Try and post some pics of the progress if you can.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

I've got to wait for it to get warm, and then learn to spray on panels stripped off my old 16v... And build some sort of spray booth to avoid everything getting covered in dust (farm building, much to big to clean top to bottom). Still, I've got a massive compressor for nowt. I could post you a picture of my now hopefully leak free sump (we'll see in the morning).

Reply to
Doki