Headlamps

But it's good *because* it's cheap :)

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

Ah, right. Didn't know that. Cool. I'll have a look at mine and see if it's 'poverty spec' :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Is it ?

:)

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

Dunno yet. It's at my parent's gaff, so I won't see it until the weekend. It's got leccy windows and mirrors and aircon and stuff like that, so it might not be...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I used 100/80w in the the Estelle, Saab, and Favorit.

All passed MOTs with them fitted without bother.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

in news:Xns95586F78A7A6E224267@130.133.1.4, Albert T Cone slurred :

Yay. It is officially a non-poverty spec model. I must be a flash bastard. Choke on my fumes, oiks!

100W main beams it is then. Cool.
Reply to
Albert T Cone

There are actually a RIDICULOUS number of differing headlights for the range :)

Reply to
Nom

But that's the same for all parts for French cars, and the main reason I'd never have another. When you're trying to buy a part not only do they ask make/model/age they also have to ask whether it was made in the morning or afternoon, was Pierre drinking red or white the night before your car was built and were the farmers having a "do" at the time etc. ;)

Buying parts for my Mondeo is almost unbelievably simple, "is it for a mark3 ?" "no" "it'll be this one then" magic :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

I never had the slightest problem with either of my two 405s - parts were just as simple as any other car to get hold of.

Reply to
Nom

Hmmmm, must've been just my 405 then :) Even the brakes on the 405 needed my chassis number to buy the parts, and even then they didn't know whether they'd be Girling or another make or even whether it had discs or drums on the back, and this was from a dealer !

Reply to
Tony Bond

Ah, you've experienced Pug-Dealer-Comedy.

You wouldn't have had any problems if you'd used somewhere that actually knew what they were doing :)

Reply to
Nom

Aahhhh, wasn't aware there was a name for the phenomenon :)

Like parts4peugeot or GSF ? They were hardly any better ;(

I still blame the French, it's been a good philosophy and I'm too old to change now ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Fair enough :)

Reply to
Nom

Doki:

Went to Halfords to buy some goodies on friday and found some 55/100w bulbs which improve things massively. The wiring copes fine, i was actually impressed at the quality of it when i opened up the headlights - proper good stuff, much better than the 205! I think the bulbs were #9 each, they were Bosch ones.

Still not entirely satisfied, but i have plans in the pipeline to sort that out anyway!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs