Help me...

Dunno. One of mine is rusty in the boot, but that's only where I welded it together since I got it as an insurance write off. One I had for a bit had a couple of holes in a sill. But that's it.

I first discovered they were galvanised when mine got a bit of paint chipped off. I never got round to putting some back onto it, and I was pleasantly surprised when it never started rusting. Mine have all been the later ones though.

(I remember discussing this a couple of years ago and finding a picture which showed which bits had been galvanised - eg the roof wasn't. But I can't find it now).

Fortunately the BX fits that bill.

We may be talking a different sort here - however my good ones all carry two people...

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Every? Not every.

Reply to
DervMan

But right off the line your 280 PS front wheel drive car won't be significantly quicker than a 90 PS car, more so on a wet roundabout. We're talking 0.1 of a second to the first sixty feet. Once on the move, yeah it'll be quicker for sure. That supercharged MINI is in some respects a great piece of kit, but it cannot apply maximum power at very low speeds. In the wet the traction / slap wrist control system is engaged so much that it's a cop out... very disappointing.

Tremendous poke, inadequate grip.

I can't think of any front wheel drive, relatively big power machine that is as point-squeeze-accelerate as a RWD or even AWD. Therein is the beauty of the base 200 PS Subaru turbos. Not ultimately that quick, I daresay, just able to use all poke at all speeds...

Reply to
DervMan

My Dad wanted one!

Reply to
DervMan

ROFL.

Reply to
DervMan

I fail to see the connection and relevance of the two parts of your last paragraph.

Reply to
DervMan

I think an 800 would be a little too ambitious as a first bike ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Tell him that next time he is riding the missus to tell her that her sister was better. Makes the ride anything but gentle.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston