Hole in the exhaust pipe

I've got a hole in my exhaust somewhere. Best free modification EVER! My car now sounds like something that can only be called "The Hungarian Hornet".

Reply to
Doki

You do know that'll be sapping power right?

Wait, you drive a Ka don't you? As you were..

;)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Money is slowly flowing into my pockets again. I'll have something at least remotely rapid in a bit. :P

Reply to
Doki

Hehehehe heh

Reply to
Andy R

Had a look under the car, and the exhaust is about a 1/2" short of the cat. The car now sounds rather Caterhamish :P.

Reply to
Doki

Hehe. I want a Caterham with carbs. Petrol going pop in the exhaust when you lift the throttle is fantastic.

Reply to
Doki

Nahh - you want a Cobra with a less than perfectly set up Rover V8 and a 'basic' exhaust...

... blupbluprumblerumblebbbrrrrRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWWbangbangpopbangBRRRRRAAAWWW WWWWWWpopBANGpopBANGBANGBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW, etc...

... antisocial and strangely juvenile, but it never fails to make me smile. Eight cylinders. No Stereo. *Serious* in-car entertainment...

PJ.

Reply to
PJ

To be fair, they're all smaller, and a version of that Punto engine makes

85ps! And all volkswagons and Vauxhalls have crap power outputs :)

Yea well, i refuse to step in a defend a corsa or a VAG :)

I have about 130nm at 3k revs so i'm fine with that :D

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Ah, figured it was a tuned version of the same engine.

Most of them then :)

1050kg book figure. I bet a Luxury Ka isn't that far away from that figure :) And my grippy 205's help me on corners.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Mwahahahahaha! Corsa 1.2 with 45 PS . . . nice! :)

Quoted as being 935 kg.

You're making the assumption it won't be raining!

Reply to
DervMan

99% of em do ! I can't think of any particularly nice lumps from the top of my head, bar the VR6 and the current 1.9 Diesel - both VAG.
Reply to
Nom

Nah :) Peak power is more important :)

VTEC's rule :D

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Sorry what was that? I can't hear you over that engine must you drive a

9000 rpm?
Reply to
Depresion

Ssshhhhh - the old people won't bite if they know i'm kidding :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

:) I know.

Heh!

Reply to
DervMan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nom" Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.modifications Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 1:51 PM Subject: Re: Hole in the exhaust pipe

2.2 Ecotech, 2.6V6 both nice Vauxhall lumps.

VAG? The twin turbo from the RS4....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Prime example of a typical pile-of-poop Vauxhall engine !

Reply to
Nom

The 2.6 V6 is a lovely engine (even the 2.5 is actually), 190 odd BHP and plentiful torque. The only problem it has is with being mated to a

15 kilo flywheel and silly Vauxhall gear ratios.
Reply to
Lordy

Fair enough then :)

Reply to