How do i turn back mileage?

Want to turn back the mileage on my car before i take it for an MOT, any advice? It's one of these electronic type counters. Thanks

Drive everywhere in reverse!

Yep, as demonstrated in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Peter -- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

He could jack up the front of the car, put it in reverse and spin the wheels until the required milage is reached?
snipped-for-privacy@markhewittDotCoDotUk.spammers.will.die says...

That would be fun on a Scoob, Evo, BMW, Capri, Sierra etc.
If after jacking the front wheels were removed, I might even pay to see that. Especially if an incar camera could be trained on the owners face as he lifts the clutch pedal.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

It would burn out the clutch? Excellent! I think this should be our official advice to this question.
snipped-for-privacy@markhewittDotCoDotUk.spammers.will.die says...

I'm thinking more that the back wheel would hookup, the car would shoot backwards of the stands, and the face would be priceless as the front of the car hit the deck.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Ah yes :-)
Would this work on a FWD car tho? Or even 4WD with all the wheels off the ground.. Stupid thing to do but I'm always looking to expand my knowledge on such matters.
snipped-for-privacy@markhewittDotCoDotUk.spammers.will.die says...

Nope, hence why I said "Scoob, Evo, BMW, Capri, Sierra etc" in my post, and the OP didn't state what car.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
says...

Why is that? What would happen,, if anything?
snipped-for-privacy@markhewittDotCoDotUk.spammers.will.die says...

FWD, with the front wheels off the deck, or 4WD with all 4 wheels off the deck, nothing much apart from if revved enthusiatically, it might vibrate off the stands if not on a full car lift.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
says...

the
post,
I got 100 out of my 205 XS on stands once :)

Drive it round in reverse for a few days
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:19:16 -0000, "Carl Gibbs"

dammit guys, haven't you seen ferris bueller's day off? it doesn't work.

Especially on a digitial system :)
--
Dan
(formerley Dan405)

Connect the car battery to a decent sized screw driver on the plus side. And hold the blade of the screwdriver across all the prongs of the diagnostic/ecu port.
After that your display should blank. The take a pot of tipex and write on any number you fancy. Do same for Speedo and rev counter.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

contact these people or the equivalent: http://www.dashtechservices.co.uk /
mrcheerful
On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:41:30 GMT, "mrcheerful

Just what i was looking for. Thanks for that.
Ex-Forces ( snipped-for-privacy@ce.s) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Out of interest, why do you want to wind back the mileage?

Are you an insurgent from Trading Standards?