How to turn $250,000 and 3 cars into 1 car worth 2cents.

I've been watching 'American Hotrod' on Quest TV recently where they get up to similar antics. A few times taking relatively good examples of cars from the 40's 50's and 60's and turning them into hotrods. Fair enough if the car is a complete basket case, but not when the donor car is in fairly good original condition. Mike. .

Reply to
Miike G

That's a waste of a Lambo.

I enjoy American Hotrods, and there have been a few that I've thought "Yeah, that was worth doing". The 61 bubbletop was lovely.

I'd have no interest whatsoever in owning a standard one.

Reply to
Pete M

It would be quite fun to do I am sure, if one had the skills and inclination.

I'm not convinced it would make a machine that was good to drive though.

Don't think I'd pay for the finished product, even if I had the money, but there is no accounting for taste.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Jesus, have you seen what they did to it's arse though ? :(

Tony (UncleFista)

If it was a good car to start with, I'd agree with you, but if it had a lot of panel damage. maybe it was cheaper to fit a Mustang body than repair the original one. Just a thought. OE panels probably cost a fortune. That paint job though is awful. Makes it look worse than it probably is.

I haven't liked any of the finished cars, but as an engineer I still appreciate the skill required to create them. The machinery they use is also impressive, especially the CNC waterjet cutter and milling machine. I would like to have had both of those in my workshop.

I dunno. Their latest '44 convertible completely restored could tempt me. It was quite a pretty car before they got hold of it. I doubt it will look any better when it's finished. But that's just me. I simply don't understand why anyone would spend, AFAIK, up to $250,000 for, in most cases, such an impractical car. Mike.

Reply to
Miike G