[HUGELY OT] Domains

Already got webspace and hosting from Ronny, but he's not online to ask at the mo - sooooooooo where do I go to register domains on the cheap? And how do I go about pointing them at my existing danontherun space?

Cheers dudes.

Reply to
DanTXD

I use simply (simply.com) and point them at my space. But its not particularly cheap.

Where is he if my domains die??? Hols are not alowed!

Reply to
Burgerman

OK cheapest I've found are gem3 for .com domains and Telivo for .co.uk domains

Easy to point them at your existing space if you just want the domain to forward directly to danontherun but I'm not sure how to get it to look like it's the same server for example if you had a subfolder called /pies you could type in danontherun.com/pies and randomdomain.co.uk/pies and end up at the same place.

However you can have danontherun.com/pies and have randomdomain.co.uk forward directly to danontherun.com/pies and for it then to mask the fact it's accessing it that way. But then if you wanted a subfolder for example randomdomain.co.uk/fruit it wouldn't work.

HTH???

Reply to
fishman

I'm still here, I get all my domains through GEM3, I have an account with them, so get them slightly cheaper, not much though

Just give me a shout Dan :)

Reply to
Ronny

Done and done :-) Now if someone could explain how the f*ck I get credits to allow me to forward, then that would be just peachy.... I've emailed Gem3 but I think it's the middle of the night over there....

Reply to
DanTXD