Opinions, please

Good or 'my eyes'?

Reply to
SteveH

Jewish racing beige.

Reply to
Elder

Ugly. Very. Also, makes me want to sleep...

Reply to
DanTXD

The colour is awful and somehow the back wheel looks like it's in the wrong place, or maybe just to small in relation to the amount of metal above it.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

Black, 19s, lowered about 3 metres by the look of it, with W8 innards, then it would be cool. That colour is just *wrong*.

Reply to
DanTXD

Says the man with a 'shell suit blue' [1] car :-p

[1] 'Eh, eh, caaaalm down, caaaaalm down'
Reply to
SteveH

hate, would need new wheels and a whole load of plastic to look even slightly good!

Reply to
Vamp

I'm afraid it's classic Passat (dis)proportions between the size and positioning of the wheels in relation to the sheer amount of metal surrounding them. Your pic is square on as well which exaggerates the tail high stance as well. Oh and the colour further enhances all of this. There isn't enough gravitas...

IMVVVVVHO the new model Passat is best in a dark colour (black) and as an estate. It just sits better. The saloons just look like long wheelbase Jettas - I mean they even have a transverse engine. That's just wrong - Passats have north/south engines (should do anyway). Just like my old Audi :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I want a Jetta, but I'm not allowed one.

Which is odd, 'cos I could have a Golf.

Reply to
SteveH

That's a tricky one. Obviously you would want to avoid the Golf - too common. The Passat has managed to lose it's perceived sense of being very well made - like the old one did. I'm sure it's a step forward but it doesn't quite work for me unless it's an estate. Is that possible, or is that unthinkable ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

It's possible, I think, but it's not really something that appeals.

Reply to
SteveH

What are the criteria ?

Theirs and yours...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Theirs: German, medium to large saloon or hatch, diesel.

Mine: The best car I can get for nothing except the tax.

Reply to
SteveH

Ok - so any BMW or Mercedes worth having would cost a fortune in contributions and tax. (i.e. no 1 series or A class because, well just because). Same with Audi as well. Also add the fact that Audis are just premium price VWs - sorry, but they just are. So, it's understandable that you would end up at VW. No Jetta is a shame as well. Yep - you're having a Passat, like it or not.

Try and avoid 1984 Corolla gold though...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yes, plus they don't fit in with the size criteria. Although the Golf does, which is very, very odd.

Well, I sort of agree, but the A4 has the proper A4/Passat longitudinal engine.

My thoughts, really.

Golf - too common and all the reps. have them. I've been in food management for a long time, and I know that if I turn up in a Golf I'll be relegated to the status of the Orbit rep..... turn up in a Passat and the perception is that I'm of equal status to the manager's boss. Which I am.

Heh.

I want something I can find in the rush hour at Cardiff Gate services..... that place is rammed full of Passats and A4s during peak journey times.

I have been temped to go with Tornado Red, but it just doesn't seem right ordering a car like the Passat in a solid colour.

Reply to
SteveH

Looks like a hyundai with those wheels and the huge expanse of metal above. That Peter Hill rant (*) may have something to it...

(* ok, _one_ of the Peter Hill rants. Not one of the engine ones.)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Fuck me, what a lump of shit, poodle-poo diarrhoea.

Reply to
Steve Firth
[...]

Neither:

" "

Alistair J Murray

Have you tried the Skoda Superb V6 TDi? Even the WRC say the Skoda team is german. Even if the company say no, at least you can have a looksee at whether it is any better, or worse inside than the passat.

Reply to
Elder

Unless the camera is being hugely unfavourable, you'd have to be barking to get one in that colour. Also, it appears to be in the middle of an emergency stop.

Reply to
Albert T Cone