I appear to be the owner of a Celica ST185 GT4 :)

BTW, that would explain the use of R12 then, I've all sorts of slightly dodgy practices go on down in the fens.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Norwich. I'll dig the contact details out if that's close enough (don't know where you are).

Congrats on the purchase by the way, I know only too well the headache of finding a car the wife approves of!!

Reply to
Pete MC

You're going to have to come up with a new name now. Skodapilot, Meatballturbo, now what?

Reply to
fishman

Don't know, SushiRacer maybe? I'll think on it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Checked on the GT4OC site. common problem. usually occurs between 50 and 60k miles depending on=20 abuse, mine has 136k.

Part is about =A3109 only from Toyota, and is about an hours Labout to=20 fit.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

Turns out it looks like the rear diff centre bush (between diff and=20 subframe).

Part is about =A3109 only from Toyota, and is about an hours Labout to=20 fit.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

Riceboy? ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

LOL, Nope, SushiRacer definatley has a touch more class about it. And I do quite like that.

And that car won't ever go rice. Any mods (apart from amybe wheels and brakes maybe) will be under the skin apart from maybe a small TRD rear diffuser if I can locate one. The Standard body work and kit has some loverly angles that don't need messing with to startwith.

And TRD stuff is factory approved anyway, so it more like Options than mods. Which I think is very cool.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Found a guy in Austria who is producing solid Aluminium "bush and=20 plate" replacements originally for motorsport, but getting popular on=20 the road as they don't go saggy, only pass through a minimum ammount of=20 extra diff noise and vibration (absolutley nothing extra over an=20 aftermarket exhaust), but do away with the rubber entirely, and are more=20 rigid being CNC'd alloy instead of steel pressed late. =A310 cheaper=20 including delivery, and about the same time fit as standard.

They mount the diff a lot more rigidly (and will hold upto rally=20 stresses) for 90k instead of the factory 60k of road miles. So better=20 for 30k more of competition miles, than the road equivalent for the=20 official part. Will have some of that then. Just need someone to fit it.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

Yea, even on lesser vehicles, such as *spit* Vauxhalls, if i was doing body mods, i'd only use dealer fit type accessories (Irmscher, Nismo or whatever).

Reply to
DanTXD

My mate scored a full carbon fibre nose cone for his that came from the Swedish rally team via a rally shop here in Perth. The whole thing weighed about 400 grams. He had someone pull out in front of him and he T-Boned them. He said there was carbon fibre for a 50 metre radius. Suffice to say insurance didn't buy him a new carbon fibre nose cone. He was gutted.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston