I keep having perverse thoughts that.....

Got it in one. I needed to fit two bikes in the back, can't do that with the Rover. Plus I was planning on moving so needed the hatch for that too, but it doesn't look like that's going to be happening just yet

Reply to
Lordy

Erm, this is far from the truth.

Reply to
DervMan

Er, because the Honda version of the 600, is bland bland bland !

Obviously not, or it wouldn't have won the awards !

Agreed. Clearly you would expect no less from a design more than ten years old.

Nope, can't think of any apart from the 406 Coupe - and even that doesn't look half as nice as it did a few years back.

Reply to
Nom

Er, because he went to a garage and bought one ?!?

I fail to see what relevence this has ?!?

Reply to
Nom

I think the 405 has dated better than the 205/309. Mk2 405's still look quite good, but 205/309's just look poo :)

Reply to
Dan405

You would say that though! Personally i think any of the sporty Pugs (GTi/Mi16) from that era still look very cool (assuming evrything is in good nick and not faded).

On a related note i'm off to look at a 309 Mi16 later :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

They look too narrow, too tall, and too boxy.

Reply to
DervMan

It's the SAME CAR, minus the stick on plastichrome.

Reply to
SteveH

True :)

I just meant in general :) 205 GTi's and the ilk look nice, 309 Goodwood's look awesome.

*dribble*
Reply to
Dan405

Externally almost all of the body panels are different, and not for the better.

Reply to
Lordy

The *only* external parts that the 600 and the Accord share, are the windscreen, roof, and rear doors ! Cosmetically, it's almost completely different - and that is why "the Honda Accord didn't win anything".

Reply to
Nom

I still say they look far too similar to hail the 600 as a 'design classic' and give nothing to the Honda.

Personally, I think the Honda version looks better - but only as a Type R.

Reply to
SteveH

They don't. The end. :P

The Type-R Accords are the next generation !

It was a '94-'97 Accord underneath the 600.

Reply to
Nom

Similiar, yes. Alike, no.

That's a totally different car tho, they didn't make a Type-R in the Accord model that mirrored the Rover 600...

Reply to
Lordy

Well, the entire middle bit of the car from A to C pillars is absolutely identical.

Good point. I was thinking of the 2.2i VTEC.

On that subject.... they're a bit cheap now, aren't they?

Reply to
SteveH

Nope. As I said before, the *only* identical bits are "the windscreen, roof, and rear doors".

Very ! I'd be highly tempted, if I thought I could put up with a day-to-day VTec. They seem *very* high-spec too - lots come with HID lighting etc.

Reply to
Nom

That'll be the bit between the A and the C pillars, then.

Reply to
SteveH

The 2.2i Vtec in the older accords was the detuned 150Bhp lump - nearly 9 secs to 60, so not very quick. I *think* you can swap the ECU with the same gen prelude, which might perk things up a bit.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

But the 2.2 Vtec in the Accord Type-R's they were discussing is 210bhp :)

Reply to
Dan405

Yea, but at around 18,000rpm tho :)

Reply to