I think I have fallen in love.

This car makes me want to sell an organ or two. Even the wrong tail lights don't look out of place like they do on most cars.

Reply to
Elder

dude that looks s**te!

Reply to
Vamp

I like them, but that poor car has been subjected to some serious abuse in the paint department. And those rear pimp tints look absolutely s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:03:49 +0000, Elder spouted forth:

I really like these, but that's had a gash paint job and the rear tints spoil it. They should have clear windows and look sinister.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

That paint is probably either original factory, or factory refurbed. All Tatras would have only ever have been returned to the factory when finished with during the communist period.

A Tatra 603 mk1 would have gone back to the factory when finished with, not sold. Then the factory would have tarted it up, and provided it back to another high ranking official as a mk1.5 or a mk2. Sometimes a car that has one of the earliest chassis numbers has one of the latest specs because the factory has refitted it so many times it bears no resemblance to what passed out of the factory originally.

They are only in private hands now after the fall of communism in CZ and Tatra getting out of the car business.

And when only one luxury car maker was allowed in your country, you couldn't really complain about the quality of your paint. You got it painted that was enough. At least it wasn't painted by a criminal, like a Skoda might be.

Reply to
Elder

Given how long ago communism fell, I'd say that has been re-painted in the UK around the same time the Thunderbirds lights and tints were fitted.

It looks horrible.

They should be shiny black, without pimp tints and silly rear lights.

Reply to
SteveH

I didn't notice the bit about respray. When reading ebay listing, as soon as they get to "thousands spent on..." I tend to get a bit fuzzy, like when the missus is talking to you and the conversation drifts toward what she is interested in.

Reply to
Elder

When they get to that bit, you need to be looking harder, as it's a massive warning sign...

Reply to
Clive George

That has certainly been beaten very *VERY* hard with the ugly stick!!! :o)

Reply to
Pete Zahut

It just makes me want to look away :-)

Reply to
DanB

What of?

Like you're about to start finding your diner in the dog?

Reply to
Peter Hill

I find immediatly it is time to look away. They are expecting an over inflated price because they have spent far too much cash on it, whether it is a minter or a shed.

Reply to
Elder

Most modders seem have the expectation that every penny spent is added value. The truth is that on fitting every part instantly 1/2's in value. Body kits are worth nothing on sale of car (like an avocado bathroom suite in a house) and badly fitted or speed hump cracked body kits reduce value. Additionally they fail to deduct the value of bits they have sold off on fitting "upgraded" parts. Many performance modded cars stuffed full of expensive branded parts are worth more as parts than as a car.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Peter Hill gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Be fair. Many chavved "modded" cars are worth more as landfill than as cars.

Reply to
Adrian