I think the sushi is going to my head. Thinking of ricing it up,

Smarts can be fun... :)

We're in the same position. Actually we could I suppose have two cars where we live, but it would be on street parking. Anything I'd want as a weekend car would really want to be in a garage during the week. ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Classic Fiat 500s are fun and small.

Reply to
Depresion

M45 with a 15% smaller pulley has about 25lb/ft at 2k and peaks with 162 at 4400. See how flat it is upto 6500. (about 7% drop in torque from peak)
same engine with a modified G-laden makes 127lb/ft at 2k peaks at 4300 with 152 but drops twice as much as the eaton by 6500. (that graph exaggerates the drop because it's cropped at the bottom. I doubt I can talk him into changing to another type of charger so we can see how it compares.

Reply to
Depresion

Why? No ones gonna nick a Smart, and with a bike engine it's gonna be a right laugh...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I have read on it, I have that book and about every other engine/turbo book I could I could lay my hands on....

But its immediatly compromised by the fact you cannot intercool it, and IMO carbs on a turbo are hugely limited, and just plain wrong when used as a suck through. I would bung on real EFI anyday...

Reply to
Ed

I'm not normally one for carbs to be honest but the result's I've seen with M45s and such through have been mighty impressive on the A series with metro turbo pistons.

Reply to
Depresion
[...]

...especially the Abarth and Steyr-Puch variants. =8)

Alistair J Murray

I think I may need to see a doctor, suggesting a Fiat, me with my reputation?

Reply to
Depresion

Yup, that is it. I can insure a year 2000 Skoda Felicia 1.3 or Fabia 1.4 (fabia has a=20 value of about =A33k) for about half what it would cost to insure a 1990=20 Saab turbo 3 door. Sure the Saab is a performance car, but financially=20 it is worthless, theft wise it is undesirable, and owner history wise=20 they tend to be owned by professional people, accademics and IT nerds,=20 so it it isn't even a risky group.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

I know, but I'm large and boring.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Hayabusa conversion. YKIMS

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

->What are opinions of the 5th gen Civic (91-96) VTEC 1.6?

My Sister had one, good reliable motorcar, boring as bat poo and on the few occasions I drove it I never got a comfortable driving position.

Reply to
Geoff