Identification please

Was at a track night tonight. I wasn't driving but I took some pics. Can anyone tell me what this is?

I thought it was an F40 at first, then I thought it might be based on a Fiero or TR7. (c:

Also, can anyone tell me if this is a real or fake snake:

know there are a lot of kits and replicas, but I can't tell one from another.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Davrian/Darian maybe or another imp based kit that I can't recall.

Reply to
Elder

Looks like a Ginetta to me.

Reply to
SteveH

That was the other one I couldn't think of.

Reply to
Elder

Hmm, have googled Davrian but this looked distinctly RWD and front engined.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

should've gone to specsavers!

james

then I thought it might be based on a

Reply to
jamesd1974

I don't think I meant front engined.

I didn't see the engine, but from the outside it didn't look very Impy in configuration.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Does an F40 look like a TR7? Oh wait.

Reply to
Elder

Les Ross

You're all bloody useless.

It's a Darrian - a T90 to be specific. Probably running a Millington Diamond and a Hewland as most of them do nowadays.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Forgot to reply to this bit.

427 Cobras had Halibrand magnesium wheels with knock off hubs and spinners - which this car appears to have. But if you look close the wheels actually bolt onto the hubs and have dummy spinners.

So - Halibrand Replicas = fake snake.

Next !!

;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Reply to
Les Ross

Well it looks a lot better than the one I posted off ebay

Elder

Might I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous reply

Subject: Re: Identificati> Was at a track night tonight. I wasn't driving but I took some pics.

Davrian/Darian maybe or another imp based kit that I can't recall.

Reply to
Elder

Douglas Payne gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Kit of some kind.

Difficult to tell a real one from a good fake in a photo, but the plate - LDT800D - comes up as being of unknown make and model, but 1966, 7.6l - all feasible, although 427 would be 7.0l - although a quick google suggests that the chassis number (7B.1164.DN) doesn't look at all like a real 427 Cobra's (CSX9999) one.

I call fake. Not least because a real one would be worth a LOT of money. Even a good fake's going to be £25k or so.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks for your detective endeavours.

Normally I'd call fake straight away too, but the track session was run in conjunction with a TVR dealership and as well as various shiny TVRs there was some sort of Lister Jaguar flying around. I wouldn't put it past someone to bring the real thing.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Ooh, here'sthe rest of the pics by the way:

Douglas Payne

i quite like this '5

Reply to
Vamp

D'oh hit ctrl and enter lol here's the link

Vamp

There were, among some nice cars, a significant number of supercharged MX-5s. Superchargers make a cool noise.

Reply to
Douglas Payne