In case you missed it when it was on tv.........

How to Beat the speed camera, courtesy of Lil' Rich Hammond.

Quite fancy that TVR :)

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

Ever driven one?

I cam eclose to buying one but it was somewhat difficult to control. It was like driving an older car.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

I Have not had the pleasure, although from what I gather, they are rough round the edges, unreliable, very bare bones and raw, but look fun! comfort is not the point here me thinks :)

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

Gordon Hudson ( snipped-for-privacy@usenet3.hostroute.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You mean it was like driving a car that didn't have forty-three flavours of electronic alphabetti-spaghetti nannying you and isolating you from actually driving, meaning that it requires a modicum of skill from the driver?

Isn't that the *point* of TVRs?

Reply to
Adrian

Sounds like my old Skoda Estelle then. I should be right at home.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

It is I think but you can get that sort of thing cheaper by buying an older

911.
Reply to
Gordon Hudson

I want a Sagaris - I saw a black one a bit ago, with black wheels, it pulled out in front of me in the village, then did a tyre shreading U-turn round a set of bollards - I took a photo on my phone :)

Reply to
DanTXD

but that's why they limit these cars to 155 mph because the cameras don't work at anything oboe 156 mph so you "could" go past and not get flashed

Reply to
dojj
[...]

I had one which *was* an older car - 1967 Vixen S1 - no grip at all, great handling...

Sideways everywhere on 105bhp. :)

Alistair J Murray

Yes. To make you feel all big and clever like a Real Driver.

Reply to
Mark W

Or even cheaper still, by buying an older TVR.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

I was lucky enough to borrow my bosses Chimera for a weekend a couple of years ago. Barmy vehicle, exactly as you describe :-) So mad you could almost powerslide it in a straight line....

Os

Reply to
Senor Osito

One of the V8 Wedgies would do the job I reckon.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

- or spray paint

Everyone benefits then.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Which is the option you take if you /don't/ want the slightest modicum of build quality or reliability.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

When you've owned a Rover 600 like myself, the build quality and reliability of a TVR is a welcome change :)

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

I thought they were impeccable

or are you still thinking about the front disc swaps :)

Reply to
dojj

That would be one :), Gearbox would be another, The Master/Slave cylinders, The clutch, The 10,000 rattly bits, and the electric window(drivers side usually) that *will* fail, which means *every* time I got to the Dartford tunnel, I had to get out of the bloody car to give over the pound to the attendant, who invariably thinks for the split second you open the door, that you are trying to rob them, then they notice it's a Rover....then remember it's the crap design, and 9 out of 10 Rover 600 drivers suffer the same problem and that actually their cash register will be safe :)

Bring on the TVR :)

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

No dude this is the troll Lordy again, chances are he's not old enough to drive yet.

Reply to
DanTXD

This is the (turned over new leaf Lordy). Who did come of age, and did have a Rover 600 :)

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK