Focus ST opinions

whats your opinions guys?

can get one cheap from work and was wondering what the general consensus is of these babies.

just really waiting on one coming in to get a shot. but would like some opinions

anyone got one?

anyone got an opinion

Reply to
Rob

new un the ovlov powered un :)

Reply to
Rob

New one or old one?

Reply to
DanTXD

They appear to rock - get an orange one :p Evo mag compared the it to the Golf GTi last issue, and said it was the emotional winner, and faster in a straight line, but the Golf had the slightly better chassis. Also, it has

18s :-)
Reply to
DanTXD

P.s. - they also said the Ford was significantly more playful, and the GTi 'electronic nanny' was always there - which would annoy the crap out of me.

Reply to
DanTXD

To be fair, you'd have to be driving like a c*ck to get the 'nanny' to kick in on public roads.

As a long term ownership proposition..... Golf every time.

If you don't give a f*ck about the money..... 147 GTA.

If you want to be pulled by the plod every 5 minutes and own something worth 5p in a few years..... Focus ST.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd choose the Alfa over them both, then the Focus, then the Golf.

Reply to
DanTXD

can get an st3 for 13.5k new just need to ask her indoors if i can trade the audi in :)

Reply to
Rob

Don't get an orange one.

Mate's got a silver one, not had a go yet.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

How long have you had the Audi ?.....

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

hmmm i'd go 1 series but the M one! although a few quid more! still i dunno i'd go golf i guess as i aint a ford fan and HATE the new focus shape but then i do like the volvo engine they nicked! i'd get a T5 AWD instead actually and give that a tweak :)

Reply to
Vamp

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

I'd go for the Focus - in orange, then the 147, then the Golf.

Reply to
Pete M

Well I wouldn't buy any of them with my own money, I was just saying, out of them if I had to. New Golf R32 would be my choice. But we've just added £10k onto the budget...

Reply to
DanTXD

"Pete M" wrote in message news:440364d2$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.zapto.org...

Yea having mulled on it a bit that's probably what I'd do. The Alfa reliability gives me too much fear, and the idea of the Focus' handling is winning me over. Obviously it would HAVE to be Orange.

Reply to
DanTXD

It is a Ford that I actually like. Especially in orange with the matching orange hilight trim. Takes me back to the RS2000 MK2

Just something about it looks right like the MK2 did in that trim. and it appears to be a nice enough drive from the reviews.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Bob- Had the audi about 3 months,

new job means staff discount of 30% on new fords hence the st is now affordable as a car.

swmbo has keboshed the a4 being traded in anyways so the st would be an outright buy :(

Reply to
Rob

Bar-steward. I'd take that.

Discounting your discount, though, I'd quite fancy a Focus RS meself. Interesting piece in Evo a few months ago seemed to be saying that the RS's have relaxed as they've aged, from the hyperactive, torque-steering monster they used to be. Yes, the ST's faster round the Nurburgring, but for me, the RS is sex on 4 wheels. Like a more practical Clio V6*.

Nick

  • - excuse me for a minute, I just need to go and relieve myself...
Reply to
NickD

Bloody hell who do you work for? That's better than Ford employee discount...

Reply to
Andy Tucker

I think you'll find Silver or Blue easier to sell on when the time comes.. Orange is a very personnal / fashionable colour and likely to be out of favour later on.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

the boot is too small the interiors door handles slip when they're wet the gearbox has too much vagueness between 5th and 6th other than that they seem to be great :)

Reply to
dojj