In case you missed it when it was on tv.........

DanTXD ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed. Bloodied nose. And blood on the driver's airbag. But he wasn't driving. Oh, no, of course not, officer. Somebody else was. And legged it. Honest.

Reply to
Adrian

Yea, so the fact I'm hammered is irrelevent really...

Reply to
DanTXD

DanTXD ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

*ding*

And we'll forget the small matter of the fact that this Enzo, his other Enzo and his SLR were all on British plates (and weren't even legal to have BEEN on US roads...) and were shipped to Cal on the sly to avoid being repossessed...

Reply to
Adrian

You will have a supercar one day, Dan and you will go down the M180 (where-ever that is) but you will do it controlled, maybe a bit (or a lot) too fast for the liking of some but always looking out.

Yes : once and a while you will give it stick: a race-horse is bred to race but racing to defeat a chavved-out Cavalier becomes quickly annoying.

Owning and driving supercars has been discribed as a passion, but they rear side of the medal is the obligation to take care of the car and take care of your own well-being and of that of the beautifull doll in the passengers' seat.

Nothing is as embarrasing as a supercar, wrecked while being an asshole. Using

50% of the capabilities of a supercar is garanteed to eat your licence very rapidly, using 100% of its potential on the road is garanteed death.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I must admit, I am a LOT more sensible when I have other people in the car.

I fear my own lack of self control...

Obviously the M180 (motorway nearish to me, have to use it on my home from uni, Tim Kemp and Dervy know it....) and the road that I then join to get onto the humber bridge, would be taken at night, last time I used it at 3am I did the whole M180 section without seeing another car. It was well good :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

And that he (the mysterious Dietrich, obviously) was reported to have been racing an SLR.. and that a pistol magazine was found nearby which the Police seem pretty sure is linked...

It just gets deeper...

Reply to
PC Paul

PC Paul ( snipped-for-privacy@home.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Apparently Tessa Jowell knows nothing about it, though.

Reply to
Adrian

Porsche 911.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

No, I'm going to get something reliable.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Yes, the car in question was a late model Chimera.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

because mr b paid her to forget anything about it

Reply to
dojj

Because his company is folding. And one of the companies they bought was a client of where I work and ownes them money.

Do you recall the Gizmondo Video/M3/GPS/SMS/Games hand held console that was so long in the planning that the full launch happened about 1 week before the PSP.

Ouch to years of investment.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Lower 0-60 and Top speed....

Slevin

Reply to
Lucky Number Slevin

Must be true then!

Reply to
PC Paul

Maybe, but if your destination is ten miles or more away it's infinitely faster...

Reply to
PC Paul

: >Porsche 911. : : Lower 0-60 and Top speed....

Higher chance of getting to 60 before it breaks down, though.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Ah yes, but they're like Alfas, they're not unreliable, they just have character...

...apparantly.

Reply to
DanTXD

It's a better car.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Ben Blaney ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Possibly not if you're playing Top Trumps.

Reply to
Adrian

Dammit. Why do I never think these things through?

Reply to
Ben Blaney