Interior Modificiations

I've been looking online recently at upgraded and tricked out mitsubishi eclipses because I am getting one very soon. I have seen a lot of color themed interiors in which many interior dash panels are of a color other than the stock dash IE blue, red, yellow, etc.. How do they do this? I have looked at dash kits, but seeing as how they are almost stickers I do not beleive they are just dash kits in the car. It seems the entire panel is a different color...did they paint it? or did they order a different colored piece?

Reply to
Rick Legge

Painted

Reply to
Theo

Yes, and painted dashboards are not 'trick', they are utter chav shit.

Reply to
Lordy

depends lordy, it really does, I wouldnt write them all off like that, if done right it can look good.

Reply to
Theo

Only if you're someone who's job it is to sell Interior Paint to people.

Cool, why not go the whole hog and have bare painted metal showing as well for a total 1970's feel.

Reply to
Lordy

Proper vinyl dye type paint works well on dashboard and actually colours the plastic, it can't crack or flake.

As long as the rest of the re-trim matches it can look good. Cheap chav spray on crap flakes and looks s**te.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

They could have had a custom dash done, either in Vinyl or fibreglass then painted, or they could ahve just dyed the standard vinyl/plstics.

Equally they could have had it professionaly covered in Suede/leather/wood veneer/alcantera It varies. depends on how much you want, what can you afford, how long can you wait, and how much can you do yourself?

if you are a dab hand with fibreglass, filler and a spraygun you could design your own totally outlandish custom dash in any way you want. But get it wrong, and it will look like toal and utter shit.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo