Is this overpriced for a trade car?

I did a 240 mile non stop run in a Favorit with bucket seats, rally suspension, and sciatica @ 40mpg and approx 75-80mph, but I wouldn't want to do it every day.

Reply to
Elder

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that for the thump thump drag to=20 work I'm going to need to move to dirty power just to keep affording to=20 do it.

I'm not getting an uncomfortable tiny little hatch that doesn't handle=20 with a boat anchor at the front though. I might consider a Mk3 Golf TD=20 or the equivalent passat or audi 80, but I couldn't do smaller and the=20 golf would feel cramped (the MK4 did, even though I had adjustment to=20 spare it was all two closed in, in the golf I tested and the Octavia I=20 owned).

I know diesel costs more than petrol, but it lasts longer too. Even in a bigger car like that.

I saved =A325 a week switching to the Saab, and while I've improved the=20 MPG to just shy of 30 mixed, petrol has gone up too. So in another 3=20 months at this rate I'll still be paying =A360 a week.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Is she pretty? DSTIUTA? And most importantly: JPGs?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yes, I dunno but she is pretty dirty, no I think she'd be angry :-)

Reply to
DanB

If you ever find such a car, please mail me directly so I can go and buy one before the rest of the motoring public twigs that such a car actually exists...

:-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You know, if she reads that I think she might be angry as well ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul

Oh there was no charge for the fix, it has a 3 year warrenty. Its just that it cost me =A3140 quid to have it fitted when the factory=20 fit Cobra packed up.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that for the thump thump drag to work I'm going to need to move to dirty power just to keep affording to do it.

I'm not getting an uncomfortable tiny little hatch that doesn't handle with a boat anchor at the front though. I might consider a Mk3 Golf TD or the equivalent passat or audi 80.

Let me stop you there.

Look no further. One of my worst ever decisions was getting rid of the Audi 80. Drove it from Le Ranolien in Brittany to Cumbernauld, then to Hamilton the following day. On 27 quid worth of French diesel. Buy an Audi 80. All the bits are available directly from German ebay for two bob if you need them.

Not that you will.

They're as strong as an ox these cars.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Oh there was no charge for the fix, it has a 3 year warrenty. Its just that it cost me £140 quid to have it fitted when the factory fit Cobra packed up.

Oh apologies, I thought it was a knackered aging alarm that came with it. I didn't realise you'd just bought it. That been the case I'd be going apeshit, there is no excuse whatsoever for it to not be working correctly except incompetence somewhere on the fitters part. Who recommended them to you? Also, name and shame! This thread has all ready ruled out the possibility of me ever having or recommending a Gemini...

Reply to
DanB

Someone on here.

Reply to
Elder

What are they like for space in the cockpit?

Reply to
Elder

Was it SteveH ;-) ?

Reply to
DanB

Nah, she'd be happy to be called pretty and just laugh at the rest hehe!

Reply to
DanB

My neighbour had a light blue one, and he's a big guy. He has a rangey now, a white one, and he put a RV8 in his Defender looking thing in his front garden. He is awesome to borrow tools from, and has an airgun and stuff! His compresser seems to be self charging or something, as every now and then it just makes a noise like a generator. And he welds!

Reply to
DanB

Nah, someone who used them in the past a lot, and they are always really busy.

Reply to
Elder

My worry is that with it replacing the factory fit one, it will have been wired into the loom the same, and removing at all might bugger up more things than it fixes.

Reply to
Elder

I'm sure nobody in Liverpool will be looking sheepish right now.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No no no, a Carlton Estate has got to be the way to go.....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Someone, somewhere has probably mated the drivetrain from an old-skool Toyota Starlet, with the Fiesta CVT autobox and the Endura-E.......

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I think thats what workshop compressors generally do.

They have a pump that charges the big air tank stuck to the bottom. When the pressure drops below a certain point from spraying/using the whirly tools, the pump kicks in and charges the tank up again.

Magic.

Reply to
Douglas Payne