It 'as gone!

I might actually miss it. The Subaru sold today and went away, and I had a lovely drive across the Grey Mare's Tail to Moffatt to deliver it. It was surefooted and quick on the twisting road, purred away, and only smelled a little bit of oil at the end of it.

But, I am now officially down to two cars. The Mazda wait is infuriating, especially as it is self-imposed - it's sitting in England waiting for me to say "Come get the Beetle, bring my new car!". To keep myself quiet I bought a little toy one (actually, now I think about it, I've seen bigger toy ones there) in Tesco. And caught the "damning with faint praise" Autocar - New Audi TT "as good to drive as it looks". That bad, eh?

I'm really looking forward to taking the RX8 along the A701, too.

So, what are the odds on me making it to Christmas without buying any more cars. In fact, to make it more interesting, I'll even say "Without changing the cars" (from the Mazda and Sera), since the Sera is MOTd and Taxed until 2007.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

11:1 against?
Reply to
Depresion

You get the limiter raised to 11k....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh.

Differences between the 190 and the 230 include the fact that the 230 has three injectors and ports per chamber, instead of two. And redlines at 9K. I don't think that increasing the limit on the 190 will help any

- plus, it has more torque.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

What spec was the Outback? How old was it? What did you get for it? Looks like we will be getting one as soon as the Charger and the Musso are sold. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. And we'll be an all Subaru household. I used to hate them until I got one.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Different number of ports per chamber???

I'm sure a little bit of chipping can sort a lot of the deficiencies out, even if it brings you into the low teens on the economy....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Legacy Outback Phase II 2.5 AWD, 1999 (97K miles) (2000MY), £2.7K

They're normally advertised for almost twice that...

Basically I liked the performance and handling, and didn't like much else about it.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Rotary engine. Think like a 2 stroke, almost - it hasn't got valves. The

230 has butterfly valves and additional inlet ports.

I'm quite happy with 0-60 in 7.1-7.7 seconds and 140mph tbh ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

The French classed them as 2 strokes for racing purposes and the yanks decided that it must be a 1.3 stroke as it has 3 things going on at once.

Reply to
Depresion

Didn't realise the 190 was that quick! Not bad at all!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The Ibiza Cupra Tdi dose it in 7.6 and tops out at 125mph (the FR takes 9.4 and hits 129 with different gearing) and both haply average over 50mpg. :)

Reply to
Depresion

Yes, but the Cupra TDi is also dead boring to look at, is a diesel so instead of sounding suspiciously turbine-like, will sound suspiciously tractor-like, is front wheel drive and nose heavy, has, IIRC, some terrifying 'steering assist' technology...

Also - the RX8 is £199/month (and I can keep it for up to 4 years). The Cupra TDi is £259/month. And I bet the 12.5K service equivalent isn't £80, either (or indeed, £106 for the 25K service).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

But it's diesel, and therefore to be shunned by right thinking people.

Reply to
Pete M