'It'll polish out with a bit of T-Cut'

Timo Geusch gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

& the v6 in the 200/700s
Reply to
Adrian

One of the places I consulted at had a huge diesel powered generator system in the basement, as well as massive battery UPS'es to handle the power while the diesels fired up.

In the first year or so of the building being operational, there were far more power cuts due to the backup generators and the associated switchgear taking out the whole building than there were from the external mains...

Reply to
PCPaul

Well, that's also for sale :)

Actually, the seat I've got in there now is a very nice bucket seat, but it was mega-expensive new. Cheap buckets are nasty.

Come on, you only live once. Well it might be shorter in this case but still...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Yeah - bruises, which are getting more painful; fortunately beer helps reduce the pain or increase the pain threshold... ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

Thats happened at work for me, the standby generator fried my laptop battery. I got the piss taken out of me by those whose batteries were unaffected. Then some of them discovered their switched mode PSUs were dead, and so were all the UPSs in the data centre.

At another site we had several servers die rapidly and the tech. kept swapping in new ones to have them die as well. We screamed at him to stop and put a tester on the mains to count spikes - that blew up. Someone got a multimeter and checked the supply voltage which was 400V (The figure that Conor denies could existy in a DC). We found a three-phase UPS had gone mental and was putting 400V on the 240V line.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Usually, unless you pay extra for the feature, I've noticed most insurers these days only give you a hire car if your car is in for repair, but if it's been nicked or written off you don't get one. Hire car in lost or write off situations was a £20 extra at Admiral, although they gave me it for free as they put the Clio down as a Cup, so I rang up to adjust it, I wasn't mad at all as it was no big hassle, but they gave me the Hire Car feature for free as an apology - which was nice I thought :-)

Although I'd expect one till it was declared a write off though, as now it may well be in for repair. If it is to be repaired, an you had the chance to send it to their approved repairers, they should (well I've never had a policy that hasn't sasid this) give you a courtesy car till it's fixed.

Reply to
DanB

Hospital - YKIMS.

Oh, and phone plod if you haven't already - if you can remember the basics such as type of car (which it appears you have), and the colour, chances are they might be able to narrow it down by examining local CCTV footage to see what was in the area in the time, or if you're really lucky like us here in Canterbury, it will have had to pass by one of a multitude of ANPR cameras.

What the f*ck exactly happened???

Reply to
JackH

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAA

I've just subtly mentioned it in what was, up until that point, quite a calm conversation with SWMBO.

Anyone got any painkillers???

Reply to
JackH

Ah, that's different to my experience detailed in my other post at to why you might not get one if it's bummed.

Heh, that's ambitous ;-) I got the impression from Admiral that you just get something from the cheapest rental band, as I explained my situation and said could I have something with decent seats, and they said they had no control, it would just be a group 1 rental car - which turned out to be a Fiesta, with of course the worst seats ever, but it didn't matter cos I only used it, erm, once actually to take it back, and I let mum drive. It was like, MEGASHIT hehe - even she said it was so slow it was struggling to keep up with traffic...

Reply to
DanB

Oh, that bad.

They're in the MX5's glovebox.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Ever considered insuring with someone less pikey? ;-)

I was told when I phoned to register the claim that in the event it gets written off I automatically get 14 days use of a hire car.

Pretty sure they'll sort something out when I phone on Monday anyway - they're very helpful normally.

It's at the approved repairers, aye - must be all of 300 yards from my front door, too. :-)

Reply to
JackH

K reg? Mk2? Definitely not a Mk3? Wouldn't be a cabrio as they were still Mk1 on a K plate (but with a Mk2 front end). Though I guess there might have been a few Mk2 shells still kicking about late in '92...

Reply to
AstraVanMann

To be fair, I've not asked them if there's any chance they could help me out at this stage.

The guy I've borrowed the 306 off wrote off an Astra with me in it (guess I must be some sort of jinx, eh? ;-) ) about seven years ago, by swerving up a bank to avoid a fuckface who came round a corner on our side of the road, and then cannoning off the bank straight into the side of a posh crew cab thing, coming the other way.

Said crew cab was being driven by the local independent dealer who happened to trade in grey imports like this... and who then apparently charged a shedload of money to hire himself an equivalent vehicle whilst the other one was being repaired.

TBH, I couldn't give a toss what it is if I do get one... well, so long as it isn't something powered by a wanky Fiat diesel lump, that is. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Heh!

Reply to
DervMan

Deffo a MK2, one of the very last ones. It's white, and I got it for £650 with 12 months MOT because it had a rotten door. It had a full history and had been really well looked after. It drives really well.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Chump stopped twenty feet back from the exit of a side road to a main road. Dervy walks across side road. Chump moves off slowly. Chump moves into Dervy. Dervy deposited off bonnet onto road. Chump continues to drive off...

Reply to
DervMan

Hummm... and I quote 'Why can't you be happy with just the one car???'

Women, eh...

LOL

Reply to
JackH

Probably sat around unsold for a while, like my 156.

Probably not for quite as long as my 156, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Ah yes. Not that I've heard that from Ann, fortunately.

Indeed. There have to be easier ways to procreate...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Sounds like they were pissed up.

Get plod on the case.