'It'll polish out with a bit of T-Cut'

This is Pontefract, so probably just finished shooting up...

Reply to
DervMan

...and FFS I've worked at this career for thirteen years and I wind up working in some dive of a mining town in West Yorkshire. Bollucks to this, I want to work somewhere less pikey. ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

Admiral said they always had one within 30 miles of you or something, but unfortunately, they had recently dropped their repairer, so I was told to take it where I liked and they'd get me a hire car, as otherwise if I got a courtesy car from the repairers, they have huge excesses, only one driver etc etc.

Anyway, I took it to a local place that has a really strong reputation for being very good, but very expensive. When I got there the guy mentioned I was the 2nd Admiral repair that day, so he was gonna phone 'em and see about becoming an approved repairer. Which made me think that maybe mine and the other customer's car would get special treatment as they wouldn't be wanting a complaint whilst they're trying to land the approved repairer job hehe :-)

Reply to
DanB

Heh had the same happen at a site in a few years ago - also the electricians hadn't wired the right bits to the right other bits, resulting in (for example) mains underwater lighting in a swimming pool, a UPS protected kitchen across two phases (400v here we come again - made the kettle boil really fast but caused the toaster to blow up) and then a replacement UPS (after frying one) taking out a fuse at the substation on powerup.

Oh and after fixing it all there was a flood, the UPS were in basement...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Plod or the driver?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It'll happen, trust me, if you end up living together.

And once it starts, it never stops.

'Oh Mrs Palm and your five lovely daughters, Thank you for having me and being oh so kind, I've got pains in my arms, And my dong is growing shorter, My knees have turned to water, And I think I'm going blind.'

Bastard... I'm going to have to order Ivor Bigguns Greatest Hits, now.

Reply to
JackH

Moving from the frozen Northern Wastelands would be a start.

Reply to
SteveH

Into Taff Valley for example?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Have you told the Police? I know JackH keeps asking but you keep not saying hehe :-) You really should get them on it, next time you see it, get the reg' and get them shopped.

Reply to
DanB

Well, it appears to be both less pikey and more prosperous than 'ooop t'north'.

Reply to
SteveH

A Corsa, you say...

Hmmm, probably a Fiat Multijet engined one, so I can understand why they'd feel the need for a little smack, it just appears they took that to mean running you down rather than sticking a needles worth of muck in their arm.

Reply to
JackH

You say that, but I did hear somewhere that the North has actually ended up being less affected by the whole economic downturn (something crunch, can't remember the term, think the media need to mention it a tad more) than the rest of the country....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

They're all on benefits - the most recession proofed occupation of them all. :-p

Reply to
SteveH

That'll be down to not having a pot to piss in, in the first place... ;-)

"If you've never had it, you'll never miss it"

Reply to
JackH

What they could have done is just shoved their finger in one of the high pressure bits of the injection system. That'd possibly do more lasting damage.....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I was always car / van based. How some of the other blokes used to do a run right oop north on pieces of crap like NTV650s, I'll never know.

And they did it for years... and for all I know, they still are.

Reply to
JackH

Until whoever the state is borrowing money from (the IMF?) runs out......

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Well, Gordon appears to have bought us a part-share in Iceland this week.

It appears that we have plenty of borrowed money to throw around for a while yet.

Reply to
SteveH

Does that mean that the whole country now co-owns Kerry Katona? [1] [2]

[1] yes, I know, or at least am fairly sure she doesn't do their stuff any more.... [2] and I know you're not on about the supermarket
Reply to
AstraVanMann

Ahhh, yes, the old 'Katona Konundrum' rears it's ugly head, yet again ;-)

She does. Only this time, they've teamed her up with Christopher Biggins.

Reply to
SteveH