'It'll polish out with a bit of T-Cut'

And Jason Donovan, and that Nolan beast.

One now has the dilemma of deciding which is the biggest tit? Christopher Biggins or either of Kerry Katonas norks.

Reply to
JackH

It's all those benefits they're cashing in on.

Didn't you tell me once that Merthyr has the highest rate of claimants on the sick in the UK?

Reply to
JackH

Indeed.

Another reason why I'd rather use this 306.

Aye... very true.

Reply to
JackH

Aye, it has. They even forget they're 'disabled' and leave their sticks in random shops.....

Still more prosperous down here than up there, though. The working population more than makes up for the pikey scum in Merthyr.

Reply to
SteveH

sorry, did I hear a sneeze from your corner?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

If your hearing is failing you, that'll be the vitamin B12 and D deficiency caused by your unhealthy nothern diet :-P

Reply to
SteveH

That's not a Northern thing as such, that's just Tim's diet.....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

On that location, location, location special, they pointed our that the place with the biggest percentage drop in house prices was Wales. I can't remember the number, I wanna say like, 12%, the average was 7.48% though, and North Yorkshire (it might have been all of Yorkshire) was just over 6%. Did anyone else watch it? Monday night it was, extra long special like 1hr

35mins long or something - it was quite interesting actually, the numbers bits - I'd really recommend it to anyone with a house or aspirations for one soon. Unfortunately I'm not sure I'm likely to be moving into my own pad any time, well, ever really...
Reply to
DanB

Is it true that some of them are so pressurised that if a pipe say, came loose and the jet hit you at the range of you looking under the bonnet it would like, cut bits off you? Or you in half? Or would it just leave a big bruise?

Reply to
DanB

It turns you into a frog. Leave messing with modern high pressure diesel injection systems to the experts with the proper tools!

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Nope. You may think that anything remote from the lush Welsh valleys is wasteland, but I rather like this part of the world. I live in North Yorkshire, just not so convinced about working in West or South Yorkshire.

York is a great city and I did at one time work here too...

Reply to
DervMan

Well, sort of. Common rail or ultrahigh pressure diesel injection systems can dump a load of diesel into your body. People of a lesser constitution would be very poorly, very quickly and then die. People who snort the stuff, "accidently" spill it on their shoes, sniff the filler nozzle, so on and so forth... would die with a smile on their face.

Reply to
DervMan

He does and I haven't. As I'm far too lazy to find the number and walk past the police station on my mile leg to work, I'll either drop in* or get the number.

*dropping into a police station is usually far more frustrating unless there's an attractive** WPC on display. **attractive on an absolute level, not relative, because this is Pontefract.
Reply to
DervMan

Massive generalisation, though.

'Wales' is actually quite a big place. Whereas Yorkshire isn't that big at all.

Houses within commuting distance of Cardiff have dropped only a couple of percent in the last 12 months.

Reply to
SteveH

Wales is a reasonable size, and probably bigger than Yorkshire, but to say Yorkshire "isn't that big at all" is utter s**te. If you're counting all the different bits of Yorkshire i.e. North Yorkshire and, erm, all the other bits with "Yorkshire" in the name, then it is pretty bloody big.

Fair enough.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

It just has to keep plodding. They stick on heated grips, and heated seat pads, and ride. Everyday is a road trip. It isn't the destination but the journey. I guess a case of Zen and the art of motorcycle couriering.

Reply to
Elder

No because the volume and pulse rate are a bit low for that. What they will do though is inject fuel into your bloodstream, which is bad.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Wales 8022 square miles. 20779 square. km. Yorkshire and Humberside (which used to be in Yorkshire historically).

15,411 sq. km.

Imagine a "country" that is only just bigger than an English county. Must be from some kind fantasy novel. Nothing that small could be truly independant.

Reply to
Elder

Well, that's at least 2 counties.

Which isn't comparable at all, really.

Point still stands that comparing a county with a principality is a bit silly - given that Wales is comprised of many counties and that North and South Wales may as well be separate principalities given the huge cultural and political differences.

North Wales prices will have taken a big hit because there's nothing up there and they have a higher proportion of holiday homes than down here.

Reply to
SteveH

Well, going by the 1991 figure in Wikipedia as opposed to the other one, it's still over half. Which is hardly the difference between "quite big" and "not that big at all".

Erm, can I rem> 'Wales' is actually quite a big place. Whereas Yorkshire isn't that big > at all.

On a completely different note, this quote from "200 years of the census in Yorkshire" made oi larf:

"In 1991, one in five households in Yorkshire did not have central heating, which compared to a GB average of one in five."

Reply to
AstraVanMann