Jaguar XK8s - what are they like?

From what I've heard they're reasonably economical (average around 20mpg), but that's all I know. I reckon they're a great looking car, but what are they like reliability wise?

I ask, as last night I was messing about on elephant.co.uk and a fully comp quote for me, plus my 21-year-old brother (he's not 21 yet, but we messed with his date of birth to make him 21) as a named driver, and it came to £975, which is bloody impressive. Almost makes me tempted to get one, though if I was to get something geniunely quick I'd probably go for something older and cheaper, as XK8s are still fetching around £15k.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Was that TPFT?