Stock Wheels - What are they worth?

I picked up a set of 4 stock wheels from a 1999 or 2000 Miata from a friend. I took them off his hands thinking they were 15 inch wheels, they were taking up space in his garage since he no longer has the Miata. It was dark out when I loaded them in my car, so I didn' find out they were 14 inch until I got them home. I'm now thinking of selling them and giving my friend the cash. Any ideas on what they are worth?

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

from a friend.

they were

It was dark

14 inch

giving my

Don't know about the newer wheels, but I paid around $300 for a set of 4 stock alloys for my 1990 a couple or three years back. They were in excellent condition too.

And luckily I didn't have to pay any shipping since my nephew then lived just a couple miles away from the seller and was able to pick them up for me on his way back North.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Are they alloys or steel? I might be interested in buying them. Where do you live?

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

Only 1 inch man, just eat it :).

j/k

Reply to
Socket Baby

Reply to
Tom Howlin

I think the man asked how much the wheels might be worth, not whether you thought they were the optimal size.

Man, that's pretty funny when somebody goes off about big wheels when only

14's and 15's had been mentioned!

Lighten up, eh?

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

If you are interested in four steel wheels with tires already mounted (about

25,000 miles), I have those > Are they alloys or steel? I might be interested in buying them. Where do > you live? >
Reply to
Dick Eastman

They are alloys and I am in Southern California.

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

Reply to
DJH

Thanks. Looks like $300 to $400 depending on condition.

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

A bit too far for me: Montreal. Thanks anyways

Reply to
Daniel

Actually that would give you an idea on what the asking prices are, not what they are selling for. Many asking prices for cars, for instance, in miata.net are detached from reality.

-- Marcio Watanabe

Reply to
Marcio Watanabe