Jap spec Civic's?

Jap spec Civic at work, 68k miles in black on an N plate with a 1.6vtec. reserve is set to £500 so i'm tempted to grab it as a runabout (probably cheeper to insure if i get unlucky and banned too) few questions though. what they like drive wise? what do the jap models have the uk ones didn't? and will it have aircon standard you think? gonna look round it tomorrow :)

Reply to
Vamp

If its a VTi or another model with an S in it (can't remember the name) it could be the 160bhp rev monster. Pretty flat low down, but revs rather well to circa 8.5krpm. Will be very different from the MR2 :)

Reply to
DanTXD

In news:42b71a61$0$284$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com, Vamp decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

ITYM "when"

Reply to
Pete M

Unlikely to be particularly cheap to insure with a stack of points / ban especially as it's an import.

I think you need to prepare yourself for a couple of years in a 750cc Panda ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

yeah just want it to get me to work and back and insurance shouldn't be as mental as my MR2, MR2 will be going on a low millage policy and kept as a second car (in my dad's name if i get banned lol) so if i can grab the civic cheap enough it should be a good buy!

Reply to
Vamp

SiR

Reply to
Chet

LOL! they joke at work saying that they should give me 3 months in a corsa as i seem to hate them so much i'd defo learn a better lesson than a ban could teach me :)

Reply to
Vamp

Not to rain on your parade, but you have a 100% chance of a ban.

You're doing very well to escape one at 100mph these days, nevermind 120mph !

Reply to
Nom

well anyway, didn't get a chance to look around the civic. i know if i buy my court summons will arrive and i'll drive it for like a week then get banned :( still i would like a nice run around and insuring a 1.6 civic is gonna be a lot cheaper than an MR2 turbo which if it's to damn much will be dumped on a low millage policy under my dad's name even though he's to damn scared to drive the thing haha he'll learn to love it :)

having a good look round this civic tomz. not a SRI sadly just a VTi auto in black with air con and no alloy, no frills just a going to and from work motor and i love the old civic shape especially with a jap square plate, love the import look me hehe.

traders i asked today were put off it as it's an import so i doubt they'll offer us much, all i have to do is match the best offer and the reserve is like £500 which is a bargin with only 67k on the clock! tyres's look good, 1 UK owner since 99 and it's a 95 N reg.

will know if i have it late thursday if i'm happy with it no doubt.

Reply to
Vamp

Eh? The VTi is the 160BHp DOHC screamer. The Sri is the 120BHp SOHC lump. Unless you actually mean VSi, or possibly ESi?

Honda had a bewildering aray of engines in the mid-90's civic. In fact I doubt whether any two civics were actually the same spec :)

That sounds like a decent price, but surely it's (being an import) gonna be comparatively expensive to insure, epsecially given your circumstances?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I too thought the VTi was the 160bhp Vtec, but i would have assumed that wouldn't come with an auto box?

A tricycle is going to be expensive to insure, i think that's been accepted already :)

Rar.

Reply to
DanTXD

I've never seen a UK model with a slushobox, but mebbe the jap market had them? They seem less slushophobic than the UK.

Heh :)

Fnar.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

yeah it has a VTEC and it is pretty responsive, took it round the block today, i mean errr helped park it in the yard :)

gonna try and grab it tomorrow hopefully and my mate will trailer it back to mine while i sort it all out. i thought the SIR was the quick one but it seems so is the VTi. looking about on google they called them 1000 different things!

couldn't give a shit what power it is as i want it to go to and from work, it has air con and a nice firm suspension set up, a good auto box and seems pretty sound all round.

will post pics if i buy watch this space!

Reply to
Vamp

heh :)

I think the SiR was the name given to the Vti for the american market, but i could be wrong. The Vti was the quickest one that came over here, anyway. If you open the bonnet and look at the lump, it should tell you if it's a DOHC or a SOHC - if it's the DOHC, its the quick one.

Go wash your mouth out, damn you.

Reply to
Albert T Cone