Just bought an automatic

It's an Elite on an '07 plate, so I get leather throughout, colour satnav, bluetooth, climate control, heated seats, 17's etc. etc.

Ok, for the same money I know I could have got e.g. a 4 year old 530d auto with 'only' 74k on the clock or something, but that's not what I want for the family car.

Reply to
Abo

Not for long: things fall off.

But then they do with the Opel too...

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Fair call. Naturally, the idea of buying a 'family car' frankly scares me right now hehe :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

As James May said when driving the Cadillac V16, "comfortable is the new going fast".

Hope you enjoy it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yeah, this is my second family car now lol. But I've decided I need a toy. I'm thinking of either getting something cheap and RWD like a Sierra Sapphire, putting it on coilovers and having a trackday car. Or building an F2 stock car. Dunno if I've got the time for either at the moment though...

Reply to
Abo

Would hope so

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Nothing wrong with having to do a cambelt change, as long as you remember to do it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Looks unconvinced.

Saab owners report it's a cracking engine - when it works.

Reply to
DervMan