Just bought an automatic

Is it a rover?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Buy a caravan, retire from the Police and get your mates to call you Kev.

A career in uk.rec.driving awaits.

Go on, what did you get?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Vectra...

Reply to
Abo

"Yer barred".

Automatic and diesel are forgiveable, but a Vectra is just inexcusable=B9.

--=20 Lordy.UK

=B9 *cough*

Reply to
Lordy.UK

"Yer barred".

Automatic and diesel are forgiveable, but a Vectra is just inexcusable¹.

i recently considered a 3.2 GSi vectra through work cos i get half price labour on servicing and 10% off parts. But i don't think i could bring myself to go from old beemer to new-ish vectra!

Reply to
Vamp

Didn't reveryone just tell me a vectra is a bag of poo ?

cambelt every 40k and a whole list of other problems ?

Reply to
James

1.9 CDTI 150?
Reply to
SteveH

Plus, they're ridiculously thirsty and slow for all that engine.

Reply to
Iridium

Who cares? It's an auto diesel Vectra... Trim levels can only serve to reduce the magnitude of 'utter shit' ness :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I'm not asking about the trim.

I'm asking about the engine.

There's a big difference in performance between the 120 and 150 versions of the 1.9 CDTI (JTD) engine.

150s are pretty good in the Vectra, but the 120 struggles in a car that size and weight, even though it's a good engine in smaller stuff.
Reply to
SteveH

And the 150 could be the greatest engine Vauxhall have ever made, it would still be in a Vectra :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Big, heavy car. Only consolation is that the Alfa badged version is heavier.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Thing is, Vx don't make it. I nearly bought one instead of the A class, but my Vx dealer (who's very good with us and we've had a couple of cars of him) steered me away from the early ones as they were releasing weekly TSBs and software updates in order to try and make them work. Was impressed on the drive though.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

GM make theirs in Kaiserslaughten.

Funny that the Fiat produced JTD versions don't suffer from the same issues.

Reply to
SteveH

Alfa are rapidly planning on dumping that heap of s**te engine they inherited from the GM partnership - same with the JTS petrols, too.

They've already stuck a new TSpark in the 159. (the new entry level 1.8)

Reply to
SteveH

Yeah, that's the one.

Reply to
Abo

Vx problems sorted out by now, surely?

Reply to
Abo

Probably won't even do 40k in it! The Zafira only managed 32k in 3 years. I've got my 306 TD mule for work-related mileage, which accounts for about 2/3 of our total family mileage.

Reply to
Abo

:(

Reply to