kart?

what's a go kart?

Reply to
Goh Chin Seng

motori/gokart.shtml

Reply to
Conor

Posting a link to a page full of virus's is a really good idea

Now f*ck off

Reply to
Jon

In article , snipped-for-privacy@i.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

As is leaving the link in when your repost, you fucknut.

If there were any Virii there, none of my scanners picked up anything remotley dodgy.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

*carls pc melts*

that will teach ya for trusting nortan!

Reply to
REMUS

As the reply is in the same thread i think leaving in the link does no harm. However them files do and are infected. As soon as you see com files it's most likely a virus, it effects any .exe file when ran within that folder and is memory resident.

But hey you go ahead and download them then execute them in your windows directory as you seem to lie your trust in 1 av scanner.

Reply to
Jon

In article , snipped-for-privacy@i.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Who said anything about 1 AV scanner?

Who the hell trusts in one AV company these days when a few decent infections though holes in their definitions keeps up a healthy level of paranoia about virii.

And which Com files? everything I see is a link to a JPG on that page, a part from the header menu links which are to html and shtml files? So I really don't see any links to com files?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

lol you sound very paranoid mate.

I havn't ever owned a virus scanner and this hard drive is about 3-4 years old (maxtor 120gb) I had my fair share of spyware, but after borrowing my sisters copy of norton and updateing it. I didn't have one virus.

The media and microsoft have used terror tactics to scare people into buying all this software, its a billion $ business, wish I had thought of it :( IMHO The only main case's of real virus attacks are when people visit sites specifically set up to infect peoples computers or are under specific attack from some one that doesnt really like them, they account for alot of virus's in circulation I think and about 75% of the rest are virus's microsoft has let loose i bet that only their magic software can repair....

Reply to
REMUS

In article , snipped-for-privacy@itspambot.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I agree.

I once got caught out by an iFrame exploit in an email.

So I run several AV systems, most of them free, running nightly updates, nightly full scans, email protection (at the server, and filewall on the remote box) and in the mailchecker I use, plus in the mail client.

Realtime scanning is enabled with fascist file deletion and logging of the deleted files, so i can system restore them if they are system files, or re-install the app if they are just application files.

I also run weekly checks with spybot S&D, and random checks with hijack this.

I bet if you run a copy of Spybot or hijack this, you might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I use lavasoft ad-aware 6 to get rid of data miners, spyware and stuff like that.

Reply to
REMUS

Similar to a london taxi cab but driven properly.

Reply to
Questions

I can still see 10 files containing virii on that site, even my Norton can detect them when I try and download them.

Perhaps you're getting the link complete which is

in MSOE there is a space between the undserscore and m so MSOE only picks up the first part and you get directed to the page with the virii.

Reply to
Homer

In article , snipped-for-privacy@itspambot.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Thats a cool piece of Software, but you really should try Spybot and Hijackthis.

It will pull stuff up that Adaware doesn't even notice, never mind find a threat.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I'm using Gravity. When I clicked the link, it was broken by the additional space, but just showed a 404 in IE.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I use AdAware, SpyBot S&D, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, BrowserHijackBlaster, IE-SpyAd and Hijack This.

If there's something that manages to get past all that lot, then it damn well deserves to be on there :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

ROFL..another reason not to use OE.

Reply to
Conor

Hmm, I wonder why they'd have ten infected files? One would be enough.

It's true that spaces in names are important - the "subtle" dodgy URLS often go along the lines of:

"

/dodgy/url/login.html " If that's clear as to why spaces ought not to be allowed in URLs.

when the AV says there's a problem only because of the spaces, though...

Reply to
Questions

And I didn't say it wouldnt, I said there was a virus there and there is, so what are you talking about? Are you saying that just because it won't bugger up your system its no longer a virus?

So i'll say it again, it doesnt matter if you are using IE 1 or IE 6 or any other faffing web veiwer thing there is a virus there.

Reply to
REMUS

Never had any problems with it myself and I haven't found anything as reliable and easy to use either. You can't blame MSOE as it went to the address specified, it's not it's fault some numpty incorrectly posted a link.

Reply to
Homer

There's no space in whatever version of OE I'm using.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan