Keep having this crazy idea.....

since the weather started getting warmer, to pass my bike test as quick as I can, and get myself something silly like a Dnepr/Cossack/Neval.

Don't know why, but pre-war BMW bike technology, made in the last 5 years just seems so much fun to bob along low speeds. Especialy the "Soviet Knight" mock harley ones.

Maybe even save a little bit of petrol too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Bobbing along at low speeds gets annoying quite fast :)

I keep thinking i need another bike - especially seen as though i have the licence. Something in a nice Triumph TT 600 would do :) Or maybe a big trailie. I do like a nice trailie. Then, there was a CG 125 in the paper the other week, with 10 months tax and MOT for £250. Described as a bit tatty, but a good solid runner :)

Reply to
DanTXD

bikes = early grave

i considered a bike licence but was put off by the biker death statistics.

119mph in a car is dangerous, 119mph on a bike gets REAL messy :)
Reply to
Vamp

Seconded. I know better than anyone!

But what else stock, can do 0 to 100 in 5.5 secs and in two gears and a bit? Or go 190mph for 6 grand new?

Somrtimes the risk is outweighed by the pleasure.

Reply to
Burgerman

When I say slowly, I mean upto 80 in a nice laid back cruiser kind of way, on a nice 650/750 flat twin.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Thats why I want some thing nice and "Easy Rider" (yes I saw how that ended). 80 or 90 flat out, just cruising along all day.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You want Steve's SO MZ :)

Reply to
DanTXD

yeah chopper style, loads of noise and loads of grunt but not fast in a 0-60 sense. bit like what i wanted from a US V8 tank :)

Reply to
Vamp

If you could still ride a bike would you? I've been keen but the thought of death has put me off.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yep, in a second. Death isnt so bad! Bouncing down the road, and landing in a ditch with a 500lb suzuki is worse. It hurts.

Reply to
Burgerman

No shit. It sounds like you have done ok since your accident. Glad you are still here.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Thats it. Make the journey the important thing, not the destination.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Used to have an old MZ as a field bike. Fantastic fun it was. Looked a bit like

But even weirder. Just discovered it wasn't a TS150, but an ES150.

Very odd machine.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

I know about bouncing down the road but my Suzuki didn't end up in a ditch with me and thankfully I walked (just about) away. My bike days are over but I do have the occasional pang.

Reply to
JohnR